lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Field map frustrations xct400

Hi all, i'm kind of at a loss with my current motor/controller setup. I have a 2010 G29 with an alltrax xct400 and 4 guage cables. I bought a high speed motor from Electrical Motor Products months ago, and they sent me a field map which Scottyb programmed before he sent my xct. EMP told me the motor could handle 6k rpm. Weeks later, I sent my motor to a local shop (to save on shipping $$) and they installed a larger armature and did high speed banding. They told me i could max my xct rpm limit to 8k after they re-did the motor. I currently get about 25-26 mph, but I'm curious if a new field map would make the cart perform better and/or more efficiently, especially since alltrax did new updates. I contacted EMP (who provided the original map) and they will not help me at all since a different shop worked on the motor after they did. Alltrax hasn't responded to my emails about this situation either. Is there like a universal field map that may improve things based on the limited motor info i have? I hate thinking the current map may be hindering my cart's performance. Really hard to get info on this stuff, so ANY guidance you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Field map frustrations xct400

We can't know the answer. Only the guy who did the custom motor work can help. He is the only one who knows if the motor needs a different map or not. And since he wasn't offering one I suspect his work only effects RPM not field mapping. But you can ask him that question and let us know.
Also EMP may have some info for you on this?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #3
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Scottyb. EMP has no info for me at all since they didnt do the latest work. I guess it's a dead issue. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Use the original map EMP provided and set the rpms to max
Old 10-15-2016, 04:43 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

My question is why would someone pay big bucks for a new motor, then immediately void the warranty by modding it. Why not just buy what you want in the first place?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:01 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You are expecting too much from field maps. Unless the map is grossly wrong, you are not going to see a big difference in performance by changing it.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #7
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thank you all. Scottyb, would a purchase of your xct500/solenoid/cables programmed with the same map give me any improvements?
Old 10-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsoshl View Post
Thank you all. Scottyb, would a purchase of your xct500/solenoid/cables programmed with the same map give me any improvements?
if the motor is starving for amperage then a bigger control would help but ....... We don't anything about this custom motor so we really cannot advise.
I would think the motor builder could answer that question.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha