lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
humvandvipers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile 89 fleet 2 cycle with no spark

I need help getting a 89 fleet started. We replaced the wires as well as we could going off the the wiring diagram that we found on this website because a rat had chewed them all apart. We replaced the Silenoid, becuase it was not working. We did know that. If we could have the voltages or ohms off of the ignition coil, pulsor coil, and the ignitor. I also did not connect the packup horn becuase I did not consider it necessary. I picked this up out a guys barn and it would be nice to get it working to use it to fish with. I would really like any help you have to offer
humvandvipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 fleet 2 cycle with no spark

Please post pics of the golf cart fishing
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
humvandvipers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

well i would like to get it running so i can take it to the pond. If not i will just push it off in it would be the only fishing it would be doing. I just need help getting the thing sparking and testing what is bad and what isnt
Old 12-21-2008, 05:04 AM   #4
CaptEd
Not Yet Wild

The first thing to do, is get that new solenoid working. You are going to need a volt meter to troubleshoot the electrical portion of your cart. Does the solenoid "click" when you turn the key on with the FNR switch in forward or reverse, and the accelerator pressed? Let me know, and we can go from there. Capt. Ed
CaptEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:19 AM   #5
CaptEd
Not Yet Wild

Also check yesterdays Thread to sccowboy, intermittent spark 89 marthon. Capt. Ed, Who also fishes a BIG pond, Lake Erie, on my boat "MISS BEHAVIN"
Old 12-21-2008, 06:41 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptEd View Post
Also check yesterdays Thread to sccowboy, intermittent spark 89 marthon. Capt. Ed, Who also fishes a BIG pond, Lake Erie, on my boat "MISS BEHAVIN"
Here is a link to sccowboy's thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...-marathon.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #7
humvandvipers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK I will check that. The silinoid works now i can hear it clicking. I can get the motor to turn over foreward and backwards, but just no spark to make it run.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:00 PM   #8
humvandvipers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok well it looks like comming out out of the motor is only about 14 ohms is that enough to activate the coil? I found the coil was bad as well. So I am going to put a car coil on it. I was just wondering if the pulsar coil had enough juice in it to activate my good coil or not.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
CaptEd
Not Yet Wild

The way I understand how this system works, is the pulsar coil triggers the ignitor, which in turn triggers the ignition coil. The pulsar coil should read 75 ohms between the red and blue wires. If not, replace pulsar coil. There is not a test in the manual for the ignitor. They say, try a known good one, and if it works, replace the bad ignitor. There are two tests for the ignition coil. You should have 2.88 to 4.32 ohms between the orange and green wires. (primary of the coil) You should have 9.36 to 14.04K ohms between the orange wire and the sparkplug wire. (secondary of the coil) There is a discussion in another thread about a modification using an automobile coil. Check with ScottyB he can probably tell you where to find it. Capt. Ed
Old 12-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #10
humvandvipers
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK how hard and expensive is it to replace the pulsar coil. I am trying not to just throw money into this thing incase it just does not work out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO