lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
bcsman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 93 Club Car No Fuel Passing Thru

OK this is frustrating, I'm getting no fuel passing thru to the carb. Here's what I've done so far and don't know what else to do.

1. Have tried 3 different pumps with no success, pretty sure they all worked.
2. Changed the filter going from the pump to the carb.
3. Pulled the fuel tank feed hose out, it isn't plugged, I can blow thru it.
4. I have removed all hoses including the pulse hose and can blow thru them all.
5. Removed the hose from the carb with everything else hooked and cranked, no fuel dripping out the end.
6. With the pulse hose removed from the pump I can feel air coming out when cranking.
7. Checked oil level and not overfilled so don't think it's restricting the pulse.

Not sure where to go from here, only thing not checked is the carb. Is it possible that is the issue, would think with the hose removed from the carb it should push some fuel out the end? Any ideas I can do that I have forgot? Thanks for any help....
bcsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 93 Club Car No Fuel Passing Thru

Hmm not sure. If you remove the hose going to the carb from the pump and press the gas the fuel should spurt out at a somewhat consistent level. Did the car ever run before this that you know of? Because these pumps use the pressure from the engine to function. Is it possible the compression is bad?

That is worse case, but other than that yeah if the carb had some sort of blockage not allowing fuel in then that could be the issue. It's hard to tell because I've never yet encountered a problem like this. You also mentioned you tried 3 pumps and said your pretty sure they work lol. Make sure they in fact were not all bad if you can

The only other tiny thing I can think of is if the fuel tank has a twist fuel flow shut off valve where the hose is. It could be in the off position and you might not know it
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Carb good or bad is not the issue right now. If no fuel is getting to carb, then does not matter if it is good or bad, it has no gas. When working on bikes we often have to remove the tank and run the bike, so we use a small container of fuel suspended from the handle bars to feed the carbs. You may want to use a small tank, like from a lawn mower, suspend it over your motor, be sure fuel is coming out of the hose, plug it into the carb and see if it starts. If it does, I would throw an electric pump on it and be done with it.
Tom

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:29 PM   #4
bcsman
Getting Wild
Club Car

My cart has been running well for a number of years, had a few pretty warm days a few weeks ago and decided to pull out of winter storage early. I did get it running with some squirts of carb cleaner last week and once running did good. It has always not liked starting in colder weather so just figured that was my problem. But now even when I remove the hose from the airbox and cover with my hand to choke I still have very little coming into the fuel filter.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:42 PM   #5
bcsman
Getting Wild
Club Car

What should I expect when disconnecting the pulse hose from the fuel pump and cranking the engine?? I feel puffs of air coming out but should there be suction also?? As I said the hose has no blocks and oil level is closer to the add line.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #6
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There is only a fuel in line, a vacuum line, and a line that sends fuel to carb. So the fuel gets sucked in by vacuum, and propelled to carb through that line
Old 03-23-2017, 10:14 PM   #7
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So if you remove the line connected to carb, push the gas and nothing comes out of the pump, then you are still stuck at the pump or any line from the gas tank to the pump. Like the other guy said, the carb is not in the picture right now
Old 03-23-2017, 10:31 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The pump is a diaphragm pump, the pulse from the crankcase pushes the diaphragm, then it pops back on its own and sucks fuel from the tank when it pops back. If you have puffs of air from the pulse hose then either the pump is bad or the pump is sucking air from a crack in the line coming from the tank.

There should also be a filter between the pump and the tank to keep any debris in the tank from getting in the pump. If the filter is cracked the pump won't pull fuel through it.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:02 AM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Replace ALL the fuel lines and filter. Go from there.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #10
bcsman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Update: Seems to be fixed, this is crazy! I borrowed a fuel pump from a neighbor taken from a working club car and no fuel again, so 4 pumps and no fuel, can't be that many bad ones. So with his still hooked in he said to just unhook the fuel out line from the pump and crank. Nothing happened for a few cranks then looked like air came out followed by fuel. We hooked the fuel line with filter up and cranked again and fuel coming into the filter and out the end of the hose. Finally hooked the hose up to the carb and cranked and away she went!! I then traded my friends pump with one of mine and it also squirted fuel out of the pump. Is it possible there was air trapped somewhere in the pump or tank and didn't come out until we opened up the fuel out from the pump?? Let sit for an hour or so and just checked again and the cart took off. I don't quite understand but seems to be working as it should now. Only thing I can come up with is an air block somewhere that kept fuel flow until the air blew out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car