lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2021, 05:59 PM   #11
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 36 volt DS has power even when ignition is off.

To check the V-glide you'll need to get the two batteries on either side of the V-glide out of the cart and remove the side covers on the v-glide and look to see if the contacts are burned or if there is any other damage inside such as burned or damaged cables.
Also need to make sure the wiper pad goes all the way to the bottom contact. I believe it should be bridging the two bottom pads, but I could be wrong on that.

I hope you didn't order a solenoid from Armazon. Those cheapo solenoids usually don't last 6 months. Our site sponsors carry better quality solenoids that last.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2021, 11:27 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ngin1t View Post
I listened to your advice….Power is disconnected….put the ohm meter to the solenoid at both big posts with one cable removed and it showed zero on the meter. So now I wait for the solenoid, should be here Tuesday. As far as testing the V-slide I have no clue.

I do appreciate your input…thank you!
You can't check the solenoid that way. Both big posts are electrically the same. One is energized all the time, one is not. FT is saying to run a CONTINUITY test on the big posts to see if it is welded shut. You can't test voltage or ohms the way you are doing it.

And like FT said, you have a perfect mess for a RUNAWAY cart. I suspect the solenoid is welded, and you have a problem in the V-Glide. You see those cables running from the V-Glide? They run to the resistor bank to control the speed of the cart. Like FT said, jack the rear wheels off the ground.

What part of Chesterfield are you in?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:39 AM   #13
W1ngin1t
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
To check the V-glide you'll need to get the two batteries on either side of the V-glide out of the cart and remove the side covers on the v-glide and look to see if the contacts are burned or if there is any other damage inside such as burned or damaged cables.
Also need to make sure the wiper pad goes all the way to the bottom contact. I believe it should be bridging the two bottom pads, but I could be wrong on that.

I hope you didn't order a solenoid from Armazon. Those cheapo solenoids usually don't last 6 months. Our site sponsors carry better quality solenoids that last.
Live and learn….ordered from Amazon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
You can't check the solenoid that way. Both big posts are electrically the same. One is energized all the time, one is not. FT is saying to run a CONTINUITY test on the big posts to see if it is welded shut. You can't test voltage or ohms the way you are doing it.

And like FT said, you have a perfect mess for a RUNAWAY cart. I suspect the solenoid is welded, and you have a problem in the V-Glide. You see those cables running from the V-Glide? They run to the resistor bank to control the speed of the cart. Like FT said, jack the rear wheels off the ground.

What part of Chesterfield are you in?
Well I went back out to the cart and checked for continuity with the meter (with the “sound” setting) and it is definitely has continuity. So I’m fairly sure it’s welded shut.

Now that the weekend is over…I’ll have to work on this a little at a time after work being the next 2 weekends are booked with vacation plans.

Y’all have been very helpful and it is greatly appreciated!

Mark

I’m in Chesterfield off Qualla Rd.
W1ngin1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:34 AM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ngin1t View Post
Live and learn….ordered from Amazon

Well I went back out to the cart and checked for continuity with the meter (with the “sound” setting) and it is definitely has continuity. So I’m fairly sure it’s welded shut.

Now that the weekend is over…I’ll have to work on this a little at a time after work being the next 2 weekends are booked with vacation plans.

Y’all have been very helpful and it is greatly appreciated!

Mark

I’m in Chesterfield off Qualla Rd.
Small world. I'm near Woodlake.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:43 AM   #15
W1ngin1t
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Small world. I'm near Woodlake.
Well then……howdy neighbor!
W1ngin1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car