lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
EBriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Default replacement seats for G-1 ?

i stumbled across a G-1 last week for $ 250.00. After a good clean up. tune up, and replacement of a couple fuel lines, etc. it's turning out to be a pretty good bargain. runs extremely well and is pretty solid.

about the only bad part is the seats, the passenger is ok, the driver has the left corner that always wears out torn up some.

i don't think yamaha sells replacements and if they did i am sure they would be expensive. i am probably going to take one off and take it to someone and see the cost of recovering.

the one thing that crossed my mind was buying some boat seats and installing, their are some cool color combinations. has anyone else done this and have any pictures to post to show off what you have done.

thanks in advance,
EBriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: replacement seats for G-1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBriverrat View Post
i stumbled across a G-1 last week for $ 250.00. After a good clean up. tune up, and replacement of a couple fuel lines, etc. it's turning out to be a pretty good bargain. runs extremely well and is pretty solid.

about the only bad part is the seats, the passenger is ok, the driver has the left corner that always wears out torn up some.

i don't think yamaha sells replacements and if they did i am sure they would be expensive. i am probably going to take one off and take it to someone and see the cost of recovering.

the one thing that crossed my mind was buying some boat seats and installing, their are some cool color combinations. has anyone else done this and have any pictures to post to show off what you have done.

thanks in advance,
Man I feel for you. Spending 225.00 per Yamaha factory seat bucket assy's, when you got the car for so cheap would be insane! Go with the boat seats! I've seen so many G1 guy's do it..and they look cool! Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

I found boat seats in the trash for my g1, they should work real nice.Do you know the year of your cart?Should be located on left rear on a cross brace.http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/index....ormation_id=29
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddymankc View Post
I found boat seats in the trash for my g1, they should work real nice.Do you know the year of your cart?Should be located on left rear on a cross brace.http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/index....ormation_id=29
Thanks "Caddymankc", all G1's Had the same rear body so serial # shouldn't be a problem in this case. Where's this Trash bin you found? Later dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
EBriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Man I feel for you. Spending 225.00 per Yamaha factory seat bucket assy's, when you got the car for so cheap would be insane! Go with the boat seats! I've seen so many G1 guy's do it..and they look cool! Good luck Dave

yea i didn't want to put a lot into it, the carts going to be used mainly by my 14 year old son to goof off in the woods in, so you all know what its going to look like in a few months. thats ok with me it gets him away from the xbox for a while.

i might just go with the duct tape fix for the 1st month to make sure everything works good. i got enough other projects going for now, i will get a price on recovering by a local guy that does some seats for our company equipment. i think he did a fork lift seat for less than $60.00, if thats the case i will just get the old seats redone.

i have been looking at some seats, i get the overton's catalog and some of those seats would look good on there with minimum fabrication.

i was on my knees the other day looking for the serial # i couldn't find it under the rear, i have a # from the motor i got a new air filter from local dealer, it runs good it was a steal at the price.

thanks for the replys
Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Thanks "Caddymankc", all G1's Had the same rear body so serial # shouldn't be a problem in this case. Where's this Trash bin you found? Later dave
I know they used the smae body, i was just seeing if he wanted to know the year.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #7
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

here's mine under construction with some cheap wise boat seats I got new from a distributer on ebay.....both of them together were less than $50 shipped! the armrests I made from and old office chair....the seats are slightly smaller so if you are an oversized person they are not as comfy but you really gotta be big.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
waylonb19
Not Yet Wild

anyone know a internet link where I can look for some boat seats for my G1? Thanks
waylonb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #9
EBriverrat
Not Yet Wild

"anyone know a internet link where I can look for some boat seats for my G1? Thanks "

i just went to google and typed in discount boat seats got lots of sites:

http://www.lvssales.com/store/produc...cat=312&page=1

that link is for a replacement bench seat for G1, i just got back from the reupholstorer (sp?) he wanted $85.00 per seat. i will keep looking for bargains. or maybe build my own type of bench seat and cover it myself.

augiedoggy

your cart is looking good!

"the seats are slightly smaller so if you are an oversized person they are not as comfy but you really gotta be big."

that's just more incentive for the wife to stay on her diet! hope she doesn't see this post. did you have to modify the seat bottoms much for attachment? the space between your seats doesn't look much smaller than what is there with stock seats.

i am thinking with boat seats i can leave the stock metal arm rest in place or modify those slightly, is there a reason you didn't leave yours on?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #10
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBriverrat View Post
"anyone know a internet link where I can look for some boat seats for my G1? Thanks "

i just went to google and typed in discount boat seats got lots of sites:

http://www.lvssales.com/store/produc...cat=312&page=1

that link is for a replacement bench seat for G1, i just got back from the reupholstorer (sp?) he wanted $85.00 per seat. i will keep looking for bargains. or maybe build my own type of bench seat and cover it myself.

augiedoggy

your cart is looking good!

"the seats are slightly smaller so if you are an oversized person they are not as comfy but you really gotta be big."

that's just more incentive for the wife to stay on her diet! hope she doesn't see this post. did you have to modify the seat bottoms much for attachment? the space between your seats doesn't look much smaller than what is there with stock seats.

i am thinking with boat seats i can leave the stock metal arm rest in place or modify those slightly, is there a reason you didn't leave yours on?
mine were actuually rusty....I held on to them at first but they never made it back on the cart....as far as mounting there are 4 holes in the bottom with nuts molding into the plastic so I just used a pencil and paper and made a rubbing of the bottom as a template then drilled four holes and mounted them that way.....the boat seats will fold forward down too which I thought would help keep them dry when it rained but it didnt work out that way.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha