lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
dahur
Getting Wild

Default Controller cover frustrations

Got the new 2ga cables today, (thanks Scotty!), they look great.
I spent maybe 1 1/2 hours installing them. I spent the next hour or so trying to get the cover back on. Right now it's held by the top two bolts, but no more time to mess with it today. Tomorrow I'll try again.

After the wrestling match, I actually closed my eyes, lol when I put the switch back to run. Then a spin around the neighborhood, runs great.

BTW, yesterday I had the opportunity to GPS it. Stock everything, and it hit 18 mph. The neighbor and I agreed it seemed more like 25.
dahur is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller cover frustrations

My bottom bolts snapped off. The controller cover has never had more than those top bolts holding it on since I have owned it. Odds are, you'll have to enlarge the recess for your new wires. I can tell you from experience that the hole your stock wires went through don't want anything to do with 2ga cables.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
dahur
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab69440 View Post
My bottom bolts snapped off. The controller cover has never had more than those top bolts holding it on since I have owned it. Odds are, you'll have to enlarge the recess for your new wires. I can tell you from experience that the hole your stock wires went through don't want anything to do with 2ga cables.
Yeah, I cut maybe another inch out of the wire access. I don't think it's that, because I just about doubled its size. I think maybe the solenoid cable might be hitting on the tow, run wire harness at the switch. I tried moving it sideways, frontways. The cover seems to have shrunk. :(
dahur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I had a problem getting the short cable between Battery side of Solenoid to B+ on controller to fit under cover.
Ended up coming off Controller B+ terminal at about horizontal, looped the cable and dropped vertically to solenoid. (There's more clearance at the top than in front)

Try to push bottom of cover into place, if it feels spongy, it's probable the short cable holding it out.

(Cable description might not be correct, but it is the only short 2Ga cable that fits (???? ) under the cover.)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO