lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
BurbanLimo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G1 swap motor to G11 can it be done ??

I have a G1 6 seater and looking to see if a G11 motor will fit in and will it be a east job or not ??/ This has been a long project and came across a G11 motor running for a 150 bucks and would like to see if its worth the trouble Thanks...
BurbanLimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 swap motor to G11 can it be done ??

Shure, anything is possible. You would need a transaxle with f/r capabilities if you wanted reverse though. You would also need the wireharness/ignitor/stop switch/muffler/airbox assy, as much as you can get. Would you "gain" that much from the swap?, probably not. Good luck on wahatever you decide.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurbanLimo View Post
I have a G1 6 seater and looking to see if a G11 motor will fit in and will it be a east job or not ??/ This has been a long project and came across a G11 motor running for a 150 bucks and would like to see if its worth the trouble Thanks...
How about some pictures of this beast?
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
BurbanLimo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

O.K. COOL Thanks for the info....I'll see what they have left if it's worht it...Buy the way what would be a good swap for this beast or is the overhaul of the original motor the thing for it...???

Will soon get some pics up as the progress starts to move....

Thanks for all the info love the site.....
BurbanLimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I have a G1 also and have considered a replacement engine for more power. Here are the options (assuming you are doing the labor):

1.) Stock rebuild, re-ring, hone out cylinder. Good if you're engine isn't running or is running poorly with low compression. Economical $100 - $200.

2.) Stock rebuild, complete crank up, new seals, rings, piston, crank, bearings, etc. Good if you want to build it for longevity. Fairly expensive $350 - $600.

3.) Option 1 or 2 plus: port match intake and exhaust, jet carb, performance clutch, performance muffler, K&N. Good option if you want to keep it stock"ish" and add a few more ponies. Add $400.

4.) Big Block, clone 16 HP from HF or the likes. Good economical choice for more power. Requires fabrication/welding skills. You will not have reverse! Fairly expensive $400-$600.

5.) Big Block, VTwin 20HP or more. Good choice for lots of power. Requires fab/weld skills. Still will not have reverse. Expensive $1000 and up.

6.) Option 4 or 5 plus: add EZGO 4 stroke transaxle that has reverse gear and a secondary clutch. Requires fab/weld skills. Add $200 - $600.

7.) Sled Engine, Bravo 340 twin cyl. Best choice for power and can retain reverse. Difficult to find in good condition and requires fab/mechanical skills. Fairly economical $250-$500.

8.) Sled Engine, any size. Best choice for max power and speed. Requires fab/weld/mechanical skills. You will not have reverse, unless you do option #6. Economical to Expensive. $250 - $1000 depending upon engine option.

Now keep in mind that the results of these mods and the dollar figures here can and likely will fluctuate depending upon geography, skill level, and just about any unknown factors.

Also keep in mind that this is a G1...and likely a 22-30 year old cart, with weak brakes and an archaic suspension. It is highly recommended that the entire cart be looked over and/or restored or improved.

My choice was to completely rebuild and tweak the stock engine and modify the suspension. I have about $1400 in mine so far.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...ting-cart.html

Good luck, have fun, and use this forum and the expert resources here as much as you can. And be careful! Oh and did I say "HAVE FUN!"

Andy
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha