lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
bikegodfather
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 yamaha g16a no fuel

Im working on a 1999 yamaha g16a for a friend and im not getting fuel out of the fuel tank. Done everything in the fuel pump sticky that was posted ( excellent source of info) im getting vacumn off the crankcase and some vacumn through fuel pump but not enough to pull the fuel up out of the tank. Filled the bowl on carb and she runs great but cant get fuel to the carb. Fuel pump was clean and everything so im thinking I just need a new fuel pump. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Im a newbie to the site and man has it sparked my interest in what can be done to a simple ole golf cart. Thanks again and hello from georgia
bikegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: 1999 yamaha g16a no fuel

The fuel pump works off vacuum. If you pull the fuel line going to the bowl do you get fuel out of that line, before it even gets to the carb? Be careful checking this, it can be dangerous. Stick the line down in a coke bottle or something to catch the gas. Don't get any gas or fumes near anything that could cause it to combust. Just be safe!

Here's what I would check:

fuel lines too big if they have been replaced: need to be 1/4 and 5/16 if I remember right

line coming off back of crankcase

vacuum leaks: spacer between carb and intake, air box needs to sealed

fuel line connection to carb, go here: http://yamahagolfcar.com/default_video.aspx look up your cart and look at the carb diagram

check the line going down into the tank for cracks or whatever, it may not be picking up the fuel from the tank
tank may not be vented right, does it have a factory fuel cap?

take fuel pump apart and check it for grit and grim

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
bikegodfather
Not Yet Wild

I get vacumn off the crankcase and through the hose but none coming out of the fuel pump. Lines are the correct size as you stated. Gas cap is orginal. I will check the rest of the stuff you mentioned. Thanks for the info
bikegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
10ec
Not Yet Wild

Check the bottom of the tank by pulling it, you might find a cap where the fuel line attaches to tank - if so, there is a filter behind the cap fitting, it may be clogged. I was cleaning the tank on my G11 yesterday and found the filter behind the cap that the gas line was attached to. Maybe this might help, if not it is good knowledge
10ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

No fuel coming out of the carb. there is something clogged or bad fuel pump. Start checking all the way to tank and then take apart the pump to see if its stopped up.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
10ec
Not Yet Wild

Try gravity flow with a gas tank off a lawn mower, connected to the input of the carb. If it runs then its a line or the pickup tube not engaged in the fuel inside the tank. Does the tank line attach at the top or bottom?
10ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:39 AM   #7
twistdgas
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10ec View Post
Try gravity flow with a gas tank off a lawn mower, connected to the input of the carb. If it runs then its a line or the pickup tube not engaged in the fuel inside the tank. Does the tank line attach at the top or bottom?
Gravity works. No joke. I completely bypassed my vacuum pump after months of trial and error trying to get the cart to stop starving for fuel once it was moving. The vent tube from the head to the carb I rerouted it to the vent tube on top of my gas tank. Then ran about 20" of fuel line from my tank to just in front of my carb, then add a good sized clear filter and then connected it to the carb with a fuel line a couple inches long. The small amount of pressure from the head ever so slightly pressurized the gas tank. Only enough to force fuel up and out into the filter and carb.
I got this no brainer idea when I realized I was constantly blowing on the vent tube to prime my filter every time I would tinker with the carb trying to fix the problem. Then lightbulb went off. Just keep pressure on it stupid. Lol. It is a very low amount of pressure easily regulated by the gas cap vent. It gives just enough pressure to assist the fuel up and out of the tank. I think it works pretty awesome
twistdgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha