lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #11
power791
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart will not move under own power

I did not use a clutch alignment tool, I didn't even know one was available. I figured the bolt in the center aligned it to the shaft. I will try to find one to purchase.

I took the clutch apart tonight and found a spring under a bushing the belt rides on. The spring was keeping the clutch collapsed. I turned the spring over and the clutch popped open and I could squeeze it closed pretty easily. It had some resistance to it but not what I would expect. After re-assembling the clutch to the motor I took it for a drive and it ran ok. I thought I would take it up the hill in the driveway and it slowed considerably going up the hill. I have some pictures of this clutch as soon as I figure out how to attach them I will.

I am not near J&M the engine was either rebuilt or exchanged there. I am not sure I just got in on the back end after it was installed and not running.
power791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
power791
Not Yet Wild

Pictures attached:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (111.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo2.JPG (118.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo3.JPG (124.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo4.JPG (121.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo5.JPG (132.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #13
power791
Not Yet Wild

Valve tappets were left out of the motor during the rebuild. Installed valve tappets and adjusted governor back to stock settings and the cart runs perfectly.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car