lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
aod92
Not Yet Wild

Default Hard Starting

Hello, i'm brand new to this forum, and golf carts as well. I have a 85 gx series ez go with a robins 2 cycle motor in it. It takes a long time to start if you let it sit for more thn 15-20 minutes. But once it's started it runs good. I don't know to much about this thing yet, but any help will be appreciated.
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hard Starting

If it runs then throw a set of new plugs in it, check to see if the choke is working, check your oil ratio if your mixing.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
chevy2500
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If the cart will run with the choke closed (choke on) then it is probably the carb needs a serious cleaning.

I have been reading around the web tonight and they all tlak about the main jet (bolt on bottom of carb bowl), using fine wire and some sort of solvent.

I am going to take mine off tomorrow. My ran fine for a while then it just decidede to start this..
chevy2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum aod92.......................

Robyn's are almost always in need of adjusting the valves. But, first things first. 1> Make sure the plugs are new. 2> make sure the correct air filter is in the breather box and that the breather box is sealing good.

The 3 above things are the bigest reason why a robyn (and even others) won't start good or run properly.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
aod92
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty View Post
Welcome to the forum aod92.......................

Robyn's are almost always in need of adjusting the valves. But, first things first. 1> Make sure the plugs are new. 2> make sure the correct air filter is in the breather box and that the breather box is sealing good.

The 3 above things are the bigest reason why a robyn (and even others) won't start good or run properly.
I have a new NGK plug in it so i know thats not the problem. My airbox isn't sealed the best so will do that. And this may be a stupid question, but how do you adjust the valves in these things? Thanks!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #6
chevy2500
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Two strokes do not have valves, just the fours. Your piston is your valve.. Anyway, I did the extensive cleaning on my carb tonight and it really made a difference.

Take the carb apart, clean it very good with a thin wire (like a new wire brush, that's what I used). The jets are removed via the big bolt at the bottom of the carb.

Let me know if you need help.
chevy2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Sorry........ I failed to notice the engine is a 2 cycle.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
aod92
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help so far. I will take the carb apart to clean, and then go from there. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO