lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default new 28 degree driven clutch

yesterday i ordered a new 28 degree driven clutch so i will have more torque on my 1998 1200 workhorse. is there anything i need to know to help replace it. it now has a 36 degree on it. i found that number stamped on the back side near the rear end housing on the outter edge. i got the kit with a severe duty belt for 240.00.
98ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
dubs27
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new 28 degree driven clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ezgo View Post
yesterday i ordered a new 28 degree driven clutch so i will have more torque on my 1998 1200 workhorse. is there anything i need to know to help replace it. it now has a 36 degree on it. i found that number stamped on the back side near the rear end housing on the outter edge. i got the kit with a severe duty belt for 240.00.
Its probably to late but you can just change the helix and ramps in your 36 clutch with 28 deg ramps and helix for a lot less. I just did it in my ez-go orderd the parts from carts parts plus. I think it was around $60.00. My clutch was a pain to get off I had to lean the cart on its side fill the whole with pb blaster and let it sit. Then build a steel puller to get it off
dubs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks, i was going to do this but, it has a lot of wear were the belt rides. i just got the new clutch yesterday and hope to get it put on today and seats covered this week end
Old 11-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

got the clutch put on today after 7 hours of blowing leaves. took the bolt out and who ever had it off last time was smart enough to put anti-sieze on the shaft. it slid right off with no trouble. I put the new one on with the belt that came with it then I sit a board on it because the seat is laying here in the floor waiting for me to recover it. i took it for a test ride and it climbs the hill from the field to the house and up the steep drive way so much better with plenty of torque.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
98ezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

here is the new 28 degree driven clutch. can you put a shorter belt on it and make it work even better then it does with the severe duty belt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1109131630.jpg (82.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1109131630a.jpg (106.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

How much shorter a belt does one need to increase power and not lose top end?
I just pt a new stock belt on mine and it really helped, however is still lacking power to go up steep hills without a running start.
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
deerhunter30
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: new 28 degree driven clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavorn View Post
How much shorter a belt does one need to increase power and not lose top end?
I just pt a new stock belt on mine and it really helped, however is still lacking power to go up steep hills without a running start.
I think there's a sticky somewhere that give belt lengths, but 1" shorter should hook you up.
deerhunter30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO