lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default 295 on a 350

Ruredy and I spoke briefly before on this and I am approx 99.9 percent sure that someone put a 295 head on the engine (350) in my 97 txt. I am curious if anyone knows what kind of performance I should be seeing with this setup......a benchmark if you will. I upgraded to this from a 3PG in my 89 so even running poorly, it seems like an improvement over what I had. I am looking for any input from anyone who has done or experienced this conversion. Thanks!!!!!
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 295 on a 350

How about 0 to 25 mph in 3.2 seconds
sry Trey, I had to do that
It's going to be hard to tell, I mean with the 28deg clutch, rev limiter and all. Your going to have extra power your not using maybe a sled pull against a stock 350, or a tug of war
I think the biggest difference you should see is going up hills and not slowing down.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

had a snafu with the delivery from scottyb, so I have'nt gotten it back together yet. I was trying to get an idea. It didnt have that kind of power before, but I am thinking that the new carb may help. I do have software for my phone that measure 0-? times and can do distance as well, so maybe I could do some flat ground benchmark or whatever.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

are you going to have a core engine for sale?
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

no i didnt rebuild mine. i blew a crank seal and scottyb had a used clutch n new carb i picked up while i was at it.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
no i didnt rebuild mine. i blew a crank seal and scottyb had a used clutch n new carb i picked up while i was at it.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I may have finally gotten this thing adjusted close to right. I have it over at the lake and took it around the beach. found a 3' tall embankment 70 deg angle or so and it climbed it like a cat with both kids and wife on board. I'm satisfied with that, although next is going to be figuring out why the right front wheel seems to be cambered in at the bottom causing the cart to pull to the right.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #8
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Since there is mo camber adjustment to go out, check the bottom of the axle for a bend.
They tend to bend in a location that is not visually noticable.
There's a thread called "bent axles??", It shows where and what I'm talking about.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
ruredy
Born Wild

post a few good pictures of your axle, the older axle weldment are harder to bend than the stock 2001.5 and up factory non lifted ones. those are a glorified piece of angle iron that bends fairly easy
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:45 AM   #10
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Thr front axle has "ST" stamped in it. I think the king pin bushing is shot. Seems to be a lot of play in that side.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO