lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
Katshot
Getting Wild

Default EZ-GO Marathon front cowl removal -- And TXT body removal

Ok, finally got it done. Since I didn't find anything on the site concerning the procedure, I figured I'd post one. Lord knows, there's probably some other poor Marathon owner who could use some pointers.
It's really not all that hard.
1. Remove center dash cupholder assembly.
2. Remove cupholder mounting bracket.
3. Remove two plastic rivets behind cupholder mounting bracket lower mounting bracket.
4. Remove plastic glove box tray.
5. Remove 1/4" bolts & nuts that mount the front plastic cowl to the metal body.

The key is getting the plastic tray out to gain access to the cowl mounting bolts. Once the two plastic rivets are removed, the plastic tray can be articulated just enough to remove it. An angled prying tool works wonders to help bend the lip of the tray out and around the lip of the metal tray it sits in. I used an automotive door panel removal tool but even a putty knife would probably work. One with a bent end would be best.
Anyway, so, now the cowl is off, and I have started taking the dents out of the front body section, and have replaced the steering rack rod end. Steering is now nice and tight, and once I rig the aftermarket headlamp kit into the OEM Marathon cowl (one that's meant for OEM lights), I can start getting the cart ready for paint.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO