lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2022, 12:52 PM   #1701
notspam
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Hi. Just wanted to confirm that this works on a liberty with a 1206AC controller. Was able to just drag a slider from 19.5 to 25mph. Thanks for all of the information!
notspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2022, 11:44 AM   #1702
fstop
Gone Wild

Thanks to this thread and some hand-holding by @notspam, I've been able to move my friend's Liberty up to the max "Freedom" speed, using the slider. So this is great!

But, IMO, the cart was always pretty sluggish, esp. off the line (and he's not wanting to race anybody, but it really is seriously slow from a takeoff - I get it though - safe that way).

Has anyone toyed with the "acceleration" parameters shown in the screenshot?
Not sure how to interpret the units being in seconds...

Also, the "speed to RPM" and "speed to RPM (OEM)" entries - what would this do?

I thought I read somewhere back in this massive thread about someone getting a bit more speed out of the controller by bumping this parameter up some?

Can all these parameters be changed "live", say by adjusting while you are using the cart, or does the controller have to be power-cycled?

Lastly, the other thing I've never liked about his cart (and I'm sure I'm just used to mine - Onward / Navitas 5KW / 72v LiOn) is that it is difficult to maintain a middle speed, in that it always wants to kind of go, or go slower - doesn't like to easily hold a steady mid speed. This isn't as big of a deal at 20mph max speed, since he usually had it on the floor where things are fine, but now it goes a little faster and to go 18 or so steadily it is very touchy, bordering on impossible to hold a steady speed. Any parameters in here that may reduce this effect?

Thanks for any insight on any of this, and thanks to all who've contributed to this informative thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo accel params.jpg (73.5 KB, 0 views)
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 05:11 PM   #1703
notspam
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So, as far as maintaining a speed less than max, fstop and I figured out that you can increase the "throttle max" parameter allowing you more usable pedal travel. The stock throttle max is 2.5V. This gives you max throttle after the pedal is pushed a little over half way. Using 3.13V, max throttle occurs when the pedal is all the way down. This means that it takes more pedal movement to influence the speed. More control. Maybe this helps others too.
notspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:35 AM   #1704
Jaydawg220
Not Yet Wild

My 2018 48v Txt fleet only goes 16.5 mph with stock tires. I've already taken it to the dealer and they unlocked freedom mode and said it was set to 19.5 mph, but it only goes 16.5. I'd like to get at least 25mph. Can anyone help? It has the 1206hb controller.
Jaydawg220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:59 AM   #1705
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Stock tires with that controller will get you to 19.5. If it won’t do that they didn’t finish the programming. The have to use the dongle plus make some changes in the menu to get to full speed.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 12:36 PM   #1706
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sounds like they didn’t complete the job…
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 12:45 PM   #1707
Jaydawg220
Not Yet Wild

I don't get it. I took it back there today and they said it's on freedom mode and set to 19.5mph. I even went to a completely different dealer and told them it's going only 16mph,and they hooked up and said same thing, it's unlocked in freedom and set to 19.5mph. Maybe my batteries are no good? They're Jan 2018 Trojans, and they are at 8.4 each, and the total pack is 50.4 volts.
Old 08-30-2022, 12:47 PM   #1708
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It should be freedom on, set to mode 5 with speed set at 19.5. If that is all correct check on the monitor page to make sure you are getting full throttle. Bump the speed to RPM up as well.
Old 08-30-2022, 12:56 PM   #1709
Jaydawg220
Not Yet Wild

I don't have the handheld unfortunately. I don't think they'd want me going through settings on their machine. Kgsc, are you able to do the programming? I'm in Myrtle Beach.
Old 08-30-2022, 02:15 PM   #1710
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have the cables but I am no where near Myrtle Beach..

I believe member andy4639 has a place down there though and might have a handheld.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts