lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2019, 01:39 PM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 ezgo txt will not move

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskendrick26 View Post
Just want a simple thing, like I thought instead somewhere to connect voltmeter to m- and b+ of the controller and push pedal down and you should read volts I think
That's exactly what Chapter E is. Step by step you either get a Yes or a No. Then it tells you where to go next based on your answer.

However, for the third time...

I don't know how much easier to make... connecting DVM red lead to pack positive and black lead to pack negative, then turn on key, put it in forwards or reverse, press go pedal, see what the voltage drops to.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #22
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

I was working with a guy troubleshooting his series cart and he was insistent he didn't have that molex plug. I finally went over there to see what was up. At first, I didn't see it. Finally we removed the cover from the controller and there it was under the cover. Anyhow, posting this to to say it may be hidden under the controller cover
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:33 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Boyd View Post
I was working with a guy troubleshooting his series cart and he was insistent he didn't have that molex plug. I finally went over there to see what was up. At first, I didn't see it. Finally we removed the cover from the controller and there it was under the cover. Anyhow, posting this to to say it may be hidden under the controller cover
Like I said, that's just low hanging fruit. If any one of the four wires has a bad connection, it can cause a no go, either with or without solenoid click. Two wires are the ITS and two are the microswitch.

The next thing I suggested is checking voltage drop while pressing the go pedal.

You've already taken the "easy" way out and replaced every component in your cart. Now it's time to roll up your sleeves and do some troubleshooting. It looks tedious from Chapter E, but if you look closely, there are only several tests per page, so it's not as bad as it looks.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:03 PM   #24
cskendrick26
Getting Wild

My batteries are fine. I have that molex connection, it's right there in front, cant miss it. I dont have any voltage when I push pedal down and key on ,on the terminals of the controller
cskendrick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:22 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
My batteries are fine. I have that molex connection, it's right there in front, cant miss it. I dont have any voltage when I push pedal down and key on ,on the terminals of the controller
I'm trying to be helpful, but am very confused.

You say batteries are fine, but refuse to give us any numbers. A LOT of members say that, yet when they try the test I suggested, they find one bad cell.

You insisted that you have no Molex connector, but now you say you do, and say "cant miss it" like I was supposed to catch something?

I never asked anything about checking voltage on the "terminals of the controller". I asked about pack voltage.

Do you have a wiring diagram?
Old 06-18-2019, 11:18 AM   #26
cskendrick26
Getting Wild

My batteries read 6.3 on all of them. And it's like 38.2 volts, and in was responding to the other guy about the molex connection. I am in the process of getting a new controller. Pretty sure it's the controller since I have no voltage when I push pedal in
Old 06-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #27
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have that molex connection, it's right there in front, cant miss it.
If you have that moles connection then you should look at that first as Yurtle mentioned. This is often the problem and it is free to fix.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:50 PM   #28
cskendrick26
Getting Wild

I did look at it , seems alright, I cant take the wires out without cutting them and buying another connector
Old 06-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I did look at it , seems alright, I cant take the wires out without cutting them and buying another connector
Yeah, 'cause you should ignore everything we've been asking/telling you to check. You should definitely replace that connector. You obviously haven't replaced enough stuff yet.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #30
cskendrick26
Getting Wild

Really doubtful it's that connector but will find one and replace it anyway just to be sure
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO