lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2022, 09:34 AM   #1
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Hsky Big battery finally shipped for my 2015 RXV

I pulled the trigger back in early to mid December on a lithium drop in from Big Battery. I got the 103 ah 48 volt pack. Hopefully the install is fairly simple. I think the only issue i may run into is finding a profile to charge it from my lester summit ii charger. Pretty excited about it. Anything I need or need to know before install? i already ordered some junction post. i think i will need an sb175 adapter of some kind for charging possibly.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2022, 03:29 PM   #2
Jaybird18
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hsky Big battery finally shipped for my 2015 RXV

please keep us updated on the install and review of the whole process, along with how the cart preforms and handles.
Jaybird18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:23 AM   #3
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird18 View Post
please keep us updated on the install and review of the whole process, along with how the cart preforms and handles.
Will Do. Supposed to deliver tomorrow. I hope to get a chance to take my old batteries out tonight and have it ready to drop in the cart.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:53 PM   #4
once_for_all
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

see my thread on the BB battery and Lester charger

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=180192

Get a simply $10 timer, that combination of charger and battery will keep going for hours after the battery is full. Not a safe condition. Here is the one I bought https://www.amazon.com/Century-Mecha...%2C143&sr=8-53

The Renogy On-board computer is needed to figure out when to charge and how many hours. Get the 500amp model. https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-500A-B...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
once_for_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:56 PM   #5
once_for_all
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

re the plug, I have my lester mounted in the cart and I run a 12gauge 110v extension cord to the charger.

The Anderson plugs are way pricey. You can get a 50amp claw foot plug at Home Depot for under $10, if you don't want to carry around the Lester.
once_for_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:08 PM   #6
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My battery delivered today. Ready to see the outcome.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:46 AM   #7
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got the battery installed last night. I had a little trouble tracing down an issue where the cart came on and solenoid would click and the lights even worked but it wouldnt go fwd or rev when pressing the pedal. I found a wire coming from the heat coils that was connected to the controller but it was corroded and probably broke off when removing old batteries or installing new.

The install was pretty simple. On the husky battery it has a base on the bottom with wheels so first i removed the wheels and plate. I mounted a red and black distribution stud using the holes on where the wheels were fastened and using same screws that held wheels on. 2nd I modified my battery tray (I have a tray to hold six 8V batteries) but all i had to do was trim off some of the plate that was welded on for tie down anchors. I then installed the battery which only takes up 1/2 the battery tray. I connected the provided anderson connector into the battery and the ring terminals on the cable to the distribution studs with the same wires that were mounted to main pos and neg on the lead batteries. Most of my time was trying to figure out where my connection was bad and causing the cart not to move which i did notice the wire several minutes before i tried it because i told myself surely that wouldnt cause the cart not to move but i had checked everything else and finally determined that was the problem so i just took that cable off and put another cable on and then everything worked.

By time i got the issue figured out where my problem was (which was good because I tightened up a lot of connectors while chasing down the one that was the cause) it was late and cold so i didnt drive it far but it seem to run strong.

All I have left now is to secure the battery. I intend to use angle with slotted holes running a piece on top and under with threaded rods, washers and nuts.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:51 PM   #8
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi, I just got my Husky today! Did you also order a (1) BB175 to (2) BB175 Parallel Cable

Is it possible to use that?
Example:The single BB175 goes into the Husky, the two ends one would go to charger and the other would connect to the BB175 with ring terminals?
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:21 AM   #9
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradconrad View Post
Hi, I just got my Husky today! Did you also order a (1) BB175 to (2) BB175 Parallel Cable

Example:The single BB175 goes into the Husky, the two ends one would go to charger and the other would connect to the BB175 with ring terminals?
I just used the BB175 to ring terminal that was supplied and connected to two distributions studs (1pos and 1neg) i got off amazon and mounted them on the battery using the screws and holes the wheels were mounted then connected ring terminals from bb175 plugged into battery to the studs and the wiring from the motor, voltage reducer charger port and everything else that went to main pos/neg on regular batteries to the studs.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:22 AM   #10
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradconrad View Post

Im using the charger I had which was a lester sumitt ii charger that is compatible with lithium batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO