lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
dulay
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO cart help

I am having trouble with my cart. The serial # is 1033407 model G2997. I tried to get it to move one day and it would not do a thing although when i get into reverse it did sound the high pitched buzzer. I figured the batteries looked worn out so I replaced all 6 with Energiser EGC2 batteries. I must have wired it wrong.

When I looked at all the wires, from the power receptacle there is one white, one black, and one skinny wire which has been disconnected. Then when you look at the cart from the passenger side, there are 2 black wires that come from the side under a large black box in the rear and one small red one from a small black box in the front. I must be doing something wrong, it wont even buzz now when I put it in reverse let alone move. Any advice appreciated for a new user. So In total what I have is 3 black wires, one white and one red.

Thanks in advance
dulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: EZGO cart help

theres a few manuals listed here for help. The Technician's service and repair manual electric carts has a big section on trouble shooting for your cart.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rt-wiring.html
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
lemked
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulay View Post
I am having trouble with my cart. The serial # is 1033407 model G2997. I tried to get it to move one day and it would not do a thing although when i get into reverse it did sound the high pitched buzzer. I figured the batteries looked worn out so I replaced all 6 with Energiser EGC2 batteries. I must have wired it wrong.

When I looked at all the wires, from the power receptacle there is one white, one black, and one skinny wire which has been disconnected. Then when you look at the cart from the passenger side, there are 2 black wires that come from the side under a large black box in the rear and one small red one from a small black box in the front. I must be doing something wrong, it wont even buzz now when I put it in reverse let alone move. Any advice appreciated for a new user. So In total what I have is 3 black wires, one white and one red.

Thanks in advance

When you say (POWER RECEPTACLE) are you talking about the charger plug thats on the cart?

Because there is a skinny wire that is suppose to connect to the positive lead in the plug. If you follow that wire out it should lead to a Microswitch on the F/R Plate It would be MS2. When you follow out that wire it goes from white to red to a MS2 then jumps to MS4 this is what gives power to the solenoid so it will engage. Make sure all wiring is still in its correct spot and follow the diagram that best corresponds to the cart you have.

You can follow this link to get there http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
lemked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
dulay
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: EZGO cart help

Thanks for your help... I am new at this stuff and made a really silly mistake.... I assumed that black wires were negative, so when I saw the 2 black wires I put them both on the negative! Anyway now it works, a llittle slow in reverse but fast in forward....

One Q for you.... the small wire has been disconnected and then there is a small red one from the solenoid going to the positive. I went back to the place I brought it from and I see they seem to be doing this to all their carts, not sure why.

Thanks again.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #5
lemked
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulay View Post
Thanks for your help... I am new at this stuff and made a really silly mistake.... I assumed that black wires were negative, so when I saw the 2 black wires I put them both on the negative! Anyway now it works, a llittle slow in reverse but fast in forward....

One Q for you.... the small wire has been disconnected and then there is a small red one from the solenoid going to the positive. I went back to the place I brought it from and I see they seem to be doing this to all their carts, not sure why.

Thanks again.
Its suppose to be slow in reverse. Its just a safety thing. and the red wire going to the solenoid to the positive is a bypass that keeps the solenoid on at all times. If you have the key off the cart should still got forward and reverse right?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
lemked
Not Yet Wild

Another thing. If the wires are clean. You will notice that each one has a special marking on it like B- or B+
Old 03-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
dulay
Not Yet Wild

I have to have the key in or it wont start. I dont understand how they wired it but it seems to be working. Only thing I see now is that when I drive it and park it, I see a few drops of oil underneath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemked View Post
Its suppose to be slow in reverse. Its just a safety thing. and the red wire going to the solenoid to the positive is a bypass that keeps the solenoid on at all times. If you have the key off the cart should still got forward and reverse right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO