lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery options for long use?

I could have gone with the 875 but for $150 more I figured it's better to have the range and not need it than need it and not have it.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #12
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by portland View Post
Sounds good, thank you. Looks like the 875 will be the way to go. From the above discussion, does not look like I need the Ranger.
Your most welcome... Learning this stuff before hand helps you make an informed decision and/or purchase... If I could go back knowing what I know now to when I was forced to buy new batteries for a freshly bought refurb cart I would have gone out of my way to find Rangers as the HOA I live in is over a 1000 acres of mild to massive hills and I can knock the wind of of the std cap bats I installed if I don't watch what I'm up to... Had to get out and help my cart to the top of the last few hills on a particular overactive ride.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #13
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

One last thing. Now that the weather is warming up you might see a 10 to 20% increase in your battery capacity.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #14
SkaterMike82
Not Yet Wild

I too will need batteries soon. I just changed the gears in my cart to 6:1 and saw an improvement in performance but was told that when I change my batteries I will see even more. What batteries should I go with. I assume Trojan but which model if I want to get the most performance out of the cart. Also what place online has the best prices from everyone's knowledge. Thank you in advance.
SkaterMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #15
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterMike82 View Post
I too will need batteries soon. I just changed the gears in my cart to 6:1 and saw an improvement in performance but was told that when I change my batteries I will see even more. What batteries should I go with. I assume Trojan but which model if I want to get the most performance out of the cart. Also what place online has the best prices from everyone's knowledge. Thank you in advance.
First off almost no one buys batteries online as almost any amount of money saved on the purchase itself is wasted on shipping several hundred pounds of batteries via freight...

2ndly unless replacing old, weak or undersized batteries new batteries and/or even larger capacity batteries do not necessarily improve performance torque or speed. They will however extend your range. Performance by way of speed & torque is improved by way of removing the bottle-neck in your cart that being cable size, solenoid size, controller size as well as motor HP etc...

3rdly while the info you seek is already contained within this thread when asking for advise on what batteries to buy tell us what you currently have both cart wise and battery wise so that we may give you an informed opinion. As at this point we don't know if you need 6, 8 or 12 volt batteries etc...
Old 03-30-2016, 10:41 PM   #16
SkaterMike82
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. It's an 04 TXT. Currently it has Napa batteries 6V. Thank you
Old 03-31-2016, 05:21 AM   #17
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterMike82 View Post
Thank you. It's an 04 TXT. Currently it has Napa batteries 6V. Thank you
Assuming this is a 36 volt cart? The prefered stock sized battery will be the Trojan T-105 or Crown CR-225 which both have a 225/20 Amp/Hr rating. Bigger yet would be the T-125 & CR240 and biggest being the T-145 & CR-260

Again the devil is in the details is that NAPA makes the 8146 which is a match for the stock batteries but also makes a smaller 8144 @ only 186 amp/hr so depending which you have there may be a boost in there for you even with the stock sized battery...
Old 03-31-2016, 12:53 PM   #18
SkaterMike82
Not Yet Wild

Looks like i'm going with the Trojan 105.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car