lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #11
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1996 v-glide options

I wanted to run my resistor cart at 48v, and people certainly have done it, but after reading about it I didn’t like the failure modes. Something will eventually burn out and leave you stranded somewhere or you will weld the vglide wiper to the contact which is a good recipe for wrecking the cart which could result in injury and/or damage.

You could always run it 36v now while you do the other stuff then add two more 6v batteries in the bag well after you do the controller upgrade. For a hunting buggy the extra runtime from a 8 battery setup could be useful.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car