lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2021, 03:17 AM   #21
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Re: RELiON battery Install/Review

So let me get this straight.. You installed 60ah of battery capacity in your precedent and you basically got 20 miles out of it?

I'm surprised at that.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2021, 03:54 AM   #22
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks118 View Post
I am just about ready to buy the same setup with the 2 48 volt batteries but I have one question I have 2008 Club Car Precedent it came with the wiring harness for head lights and blinkers which I have installed will this be to much voltage for my lights or is there a voltage reducer already built in or do mi lights already run on the 48 volts
There is most probably a voltage reducer already installed. It is unlikely that the lights are running on 48V but not completely out of the question if they are LED lights. Measure the voltage at one of the lights and that will answer your question. Either way it will not change if you add the Lithium batteries, it's all still running on 48V whether that comes from Lithium or Lead-Acid. Your 2 48V batteries will be in parallel so you will still have 48V, not 96V.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:24 AM   #23
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post
So let me get this straight.. You installed 60ah of battery capacity in your precedent and you basically got 20 miles out of it?

I'm surprised at that.
With my Onward / Navitas AC system + RoyPow 105ah I tested at 44 miles of range, so 20 miles with 60ah is in line with this.

With 72v 120ah I'm seeing 60+ miles.

The above assumes flat paved roads and speeds limited to 23mph. Higher speeds also clearly reduce those numbers.

AH numbers WRT range are hard to compare between FLA and Lithium.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:23 AM   #24
LouBinWNC
Not Yet Wild

Hi,

New member here and I just installed two ReLions in my 2015 Precedent.

Batteries work great but my light kit doesn’t work anymore. The company I bought the refurbished cart from said there is no voltage reducer installed as the light kit didn’t require it….???

I am new to all this so I guess need to figure out how to install one or find a local mechanic to do so ?

All the tutorials online are fairly complicated and obviously are for the 8v lead acid.. so any hints or guidance ?

Thanks
Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
There is most probably a voltage reducer already installed. It is unlikely that the lights are running on 48V but not completely out of the question if they are LED lights. Measure the voltage at one of the lights and that will answer your question. Either way it will not change if you add the Lithium batteries, it's all still running on 48V whether that comes from Lithium or Lead-Acid. Your 2 48V batteries will be in parallel so you will still have 48V, not 96V.
LouBinWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:39 AM   #25
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Unless there is either another (separate) 12 volt battery OR 48 to 12 volt reducer, I'm not sure how they can say that lights don't need it. Lights run off 12 volts...I have an extra 12 volt battery in mine, runs accessories.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:23 PM   #26
LouBinWNC
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Re: RELiON battery Install/Review

That was my thought also… but honestly don’t see one anywhere

I would post pic of my dash wiring but can’t yet
Old 08-12-2021, 07:56 PM   #27
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

can you follow wires from lights, see where they go?
Old 08-12-2021, 09:29 PM   #28
LouBinWNC
Not Yet Wild

That was my plan for Saturday
Old 08-13-2021, 08:16 AM   #29
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

When you took old batteries out, they should have been connected to 2 of the batteries (if no voltage reducer). Are there 2 wires laying in the batterie compartment that aren't connected to anything?
Old 08-13-2021, 08:47 AM   #30
LouBinWNC
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
When you took old batteries out, they should have been connected to 2 of the batteries (if no voltage reducer). Are there 2 wires laying in the batterie compartment that aren't connected to anything?
nope.. I marked every positive and negative connection to the batteries before the switch. And there was only one connection to the negative other than the main, a blue wire. I took pictures to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

I’m wondering if the VR failed when I did the swap or something… I guess I have to trace wires.

Appreciate all the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car