lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2021, 03:10 PM   #1
Doc
Gone Wild

Default OK, It's Time...

1999 48V Carryall...batteries are due for replacement this coming Spring. I think it's *probably* the time to switch to Litiums. Here is how the cart is driven:
VERY occasional use....maybe 2-3 x a week and short stints...down to the mailbox, visit neighbors, etc.
Cart is unmodified except for 4" Jakes lift and wheels. That's it.
Cart is in a barn during the Winter (New England) and rarely used during the months of Dec-March
It bought this cart new and it was my mom's so it has HUGE sentimental value to me.
I don't want to do anything other than swap out the FLA batteries for Lithium, and whatever else has to go with that.
I'm not looking for speed or any other type of performance mod...just want to keep this cart stock & reliable.
So I have a few months to make up a budget for this ...any suggestions and whom to buy from? TIA
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2021, 04:21 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: OK, It's Time...

The good thing about the drop in's (like Roypow) is that you get rid of the maintenance of FLA batteries (No more checking/refilling water, cleaning posts), get rid of a lot of weight and they will go alot further per charge, should last about 10-15 years, as well as better performance. The bad thing is the cost. Lithium has come down, but still is 2x price of replacing with FLA's. My charger went bad, so it was a not a hard decision for me to replace with Lithium (charger comes with Roypow), so price was about the same (8 x 6volt batteries + charger). I will say, I will replace my other cart's batteries with Roypow when they get bad. I like it so much.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:06 PM   #3
Doc
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
The good thing about the drop in's (like Roypow) is that you get rid of the maintenance of FLA batteries (No more checking/refilling water, cleaning posts), get rid of a lot of weight and they will go alot further per charge, should last about 10-15 years, as well as better performance. The bad thing is the cost. Lithium has come down, but still is 2x price of replacing with FLA's. My charger went bad, so it was a not a hard decision for me to replace with Lithium (charger comes with Roypow), so price was about the same (8 x 6volt batteries + charger). I will say, I will replace my other cart's batteries with Roypow when they get bad. I like it so much.
Can I ask how much I can expect to budget on this?
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:00 PM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is a setup with charger in the for sale section currently for $1,900; that's gonna be hard (impossible) to beat.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:29 AM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

For the 105ah, you'll pay $2,200 - $2,400 (pick up) usually.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car