lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #11
JoseGaspar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: "Club Car Precedents are junk"?

I really think you should consider the bone stock option at $2,100 (from your earlier post) and customize it yourself. You'll be happier in the long rung knowing that you made all of the decisions yourself and in the end you can stay away from folks trying to steer you in to a car they want to unload vs. the cart that you really want.

JG
JoseGaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2009, 11:48 PM   #12
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverracer View Post
Some had OBC problems and had to be replace.I have changed several of these.They would not fully charge the batteries.
The problem did start with the early Precidents. ClubCar had a real issue with the OBC. About 20,000 had to be replaced. The real issue in my opinion is that there is just not enough battery capacity with the 4 x 12's.
bioniccartsandcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #13
bioniccartsandcustoms
Runnin' with Scissors

Club Car

ClubCar has realized that the 4 x 12's really don't work, thats why they now have a replacement tub that holds 6 x 8's. It requires relocating the electronics but it works.
Most of the people that I know that are really happy with the Precidents don't work on / or rebuild them everyday. If Clubcar wanted a new face, they should have just re-bodied the DS. Just my opinion.
bioniccartsandcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

I had forgotten I did have to replace the obc...it was covered as a recall item by cc. I would rather have the 8v, but as far as I know they're a still producing the 12v carts.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #15
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

I agree with Crash, one bad customer is worse than 20 happy ones.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
Doc
Gone Wild

Well, I had a first-year Precedent and I hated it. The front steering ***'y had the durability of a potato chip. I thought I'd like the 12V set up but after 2 batts failed I was more than a little miffed. I have a CC dealer right over in the next town and the salesman seemed more interested in talking on his phone than to make a sale. He also looked at me like I had 2 heads when I questioned him about the durability of the Precedents. I think if he was still there I'd go back and give him a what-for. Anyway, YMMV, but I did not have any luck with the Precedent, I've since switched to DS (have 2, sparky & a gasser) and love them.No problems at all and, quite frankly, a nicer design.
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #17
Islandman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would have to give my vote with the Junk Catagory, I've got an '05 Precedent ( Gasser) and 2 DS Carts 00' & 97' all used regularly (also gassers) so I can't comment on the electrical issues, but the front suspension is lame, I have to change A arm bushing about every 6 months, The throttle/ brake assembly seizes regularly, the seats fall apart and are non repairable, the tops fall apart consistantly, and finally the whole thing is put together with steel self tapping screws. In my high corrosion environment this means after 2-3 years you can't take anthing apart without a major project. The DS carts are really bullet proof and easily repairable too bad club car went the Precedent route, I'd stay away and buy a DS instead. Just my 2 bits worth.

Islandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #18
Doc
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
I would have to give my vote with the Junk Catagory, I've got an '05 Precedent ( Gasser) and 2 DS Carts 00' & 97' all used regularly (also gassers) so I can't comment on the electrical issues, but the front suspension is lame, I have to change A arm bushing about every 6 months, The throttle/ brake assembly seizes regularly, the seats fall apart and are non repairable, the tops fall apart consistantly, and finally the whole thing is put together with steel self tapping screws. In my high corrosion environment this means after 2-3 years you can't take anthing apart without a major project. The DS carts are really bullet proof and easily repairable too bad club car went the Precedent route, I'd stay away and buy a DS instead. Just my 2 bits worth.

Can't agree more...1 thing, though-aren't DS's still made? I was under the impression that they manufactured both models at the same time, kind of like the car makers do. If CC was smart, they'd drop that lemon and stick with (or go back) to DS's.
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #19
red yj
Not Yet Wild

I like the Precedent alot, I've had zero problems from them. Sounds like some DS owners are stuck with thier old carts.
red yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #20
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

I have an 06 sparky Precendent. Love it Have not had one problem with it or the batteries and they are the ones that came in the cart ( 4 x 12 )
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car