lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
rrmc55
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 ez go. no go and no charge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have what I believe to be a 2004 ez go golf car that will not activate the power wise charger nor will it drive in either forward or reverse. When I started working on the car I had over 30 volts on the batteries. I have checked the solenoid it seems to be operating properly. The diode is not shorted and the resistor between the solenoid posts. But Honestly I'm just stumped. I origianlly began troubleshooting for the drive issue. I thought that the speed controller might be inop, however now I'm just not sure. I could sure use some help here. Any offerings will be greatly appreciated.

Scotty
rrmc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 ez go. no go and no charge

Is the cart act like it is completely dead?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
rrmc55
Not Yet Wild

Other than the reverse buzzer activating when I put it in reverse yes. I do have voltage at the motor. My voltages seem to be ok. I have voltage at the speed controller. I was wondering if the reed switch could cause the charging and driving issue? I apologize if I'm all over the place. Thanks for your time.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

You could try to put in a jumper for the reed switch to see if that is it, but not sure, I have never heard of a solenoid causing the charger not to kick in. Did you check your voltages on both sides of the solenoid?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
rrmc55
Not Yet Wild

I did. Solenoid seems to be activating. I have voltage on both sides of the solenoid. Diode seems to be in good shape as well as the resistor on the solenoid.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

If the reverse buzzer sounds, the Reed switch is OK or already bypassed. Give each cable a good tug and twist, motor cables too. Do you have a digital meter? give us real voltages on each battery as well as the pack. Measure the pack at the cart charge receptacle. Solenoids can click but still be bad. Can you test the charger on another cart? Can you test a different charger on your cart? Is the Run/Tow switch set to Run?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Nevermind

Last edited by LostHusker; 07-12-2010 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: second thought
Old 07-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

what brand batteries?........................................ ...
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
rrmc55
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of the ideas. Just started raining. I'll have to get back to it tomorrow. I'll find out the answers and get back first thing in the am. I appreciate the replies.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok first thing you have to do is resolve the charger issue... The cart WILL NOT RUN on 30 volts of power. Period.

As for the charger not running, on a powerwise the first thing to check is the 50 amp fuse inside it. If it is blown, check the diode assy next (more than likely it is blown as well. Replace both as needed (do not replace the fuse until you verify the diode because if the diode is blown it will blow the new fuse instantly). If the charger is still inoperable at this point, then we can start looking for other issues.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO