lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
hardwater
Not Yet Wild

Default fuel pump problems

i have a 1988 ezgo cart with a new top end rebuild it has 125 compression, but the fuel pump wont push fuel. There seems to alot of pressure coming out of port under fuel pump so I rebuilt pump, replaced all fuel line. no help. could it be crank seals or something else?
hardwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fuel pump problems

I hear if the crank seals leak you will loose pressure to the pump.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
hardwater
Not Yet Wild

thats what i'm thinking but have no oily residue around seals like i've seen before, that or jug base gasket. please someone help
hardwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

if you are trying to start for the first time after a rebuild you may need to prime the puump. can you feel any suction on the line at the tank? if so then check your pick tube in the tank. if that is attached then try filling the line and filter with fuel. it takes a bit. good luck.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

try temporarily rigging an electric pump (available online or at your local auto parts store for about $15-20) - just be sure it's for a carb engine and not fuel injection - if the pump is the problem, that will solve it, if that doesn't help then look at crank seals, etc

Oops - almost forgot - check the pickup tube in the gas tank, they like to fall off or leak air at the elbow on top of the tank, if they leak any air it will be next to impossible to draw fuel, even if you prime the pump as mentioned above
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO