lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Firemed11
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 guage wire on pds cart

I have just bought a 2007 pds cart and thought hey what the heck lets put bigger wire on it. I have 2 guage on it all batteries, to and from controller to motor all have been replaced. I am wondering since i only played 18 hoes the other day and it was dead if this could be to much. I talked to the guy i bought from but he says he isnt sure. Seems to charge fine and all but that seemed pretty short for the time. I cant remeber how much we road around before the round of golf. Everything is stock except the wires i only used the 2 guage cause its what i have. It is welding lead so very usable.
Firemed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
Firemed11
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2 guage wire on pds cart

I guess i should have asked a question huh. My question is would all that 2 guage cause em to run down faster or would it really make no diff. I have looked all over the forum for an answer but havent found much on it.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Welcome to BGW

2 gauge is not going to give you anymore than 4 gauge. 2 gauge is a waist on a stock cart. Its not going to draw it down any further than the stockers. The gauge wire has nothing to do with it going dead. Sounds like that batteries have seen better days and may need to be replaced.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's your batteries, like Roady said...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Firemed11
Not Yet Wild

well supposedly they are newer batts like only 2 yrs old but i dont know how to figure out if they are or not. I have tested them with a tester and all show to be good under load. guess we will see how they do. thanks for the help i didnt think they would bother being bigger just more amps available if they are there to use.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

what kind of batts you have? Some off the wall cheap batts will only last 2 years.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Try looking on the neg post, there may be a letter and number if so let us know what they are.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
Firemed11
Not Yet Wild

Ok guys here is an update. The batts are Trojan t-105 and 2 are T-105 or 150 plus. I took the caps off that have a float and are suppose to tell ya if they have water ( not working) off and had one batt with only 1 cell with water, and others with little water too. i put almost 2 gal of water in them. I didnt think to really look cause the guy told me he had filled them up and to watch the float things to know when to fill them up. I guess we will see how it does this weekend at the lake. It does have a water fill system on it but i guess dont trust those to fill each cell properly.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
Firemed11
Not Yet Wild

I think the number on one of them is U99 but i am not sure. I know some have a stamp on them and others dont. I am guessing that it works like the yr and month on the cart itself. Letter for the month and number for the year.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes you are right ... read the NEGative post only a C5 is March 2005
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO