lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #11
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2009 ST400 slipping belt on hills

there is a torque spring out there that limits how fast the rear clutch opens up. you can try that. Our site sponsors has them.

I just got in a NEW 2011 st400 and it has 22" stryker tires on it and i notices a slight decrease in pull going up a hill compared to the old st350. I just dont like the new kaw setup. I have notice the belt slips more on those than the older versions. I have yet to figure it out.

I have even roughed up the clutches for a better bite on the belt and they still act up.

EDIT: i just read your other thread and with the gov adj for speed you will loose bottom end torque. If you want to climb hills back off the gov. It will prob perform better.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #12
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 ST400 slipping belt on hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
there is a torque spring out there that limits how fast the rear clutch opens up. you can try that. Our site sponsors has them.

I just got in a NEW 2011 st400 and it has 22" stryker tires on it and i notices a slight decrease in pull going up a hill compared to the old st350. I just dont like the new kaw setup. I have notice the belt slips more on those than the older versions. I have yet to figure it out.

I have even roughed up the clutches for a better bite on the belt and they still act up.

EDIT: i just read your other thread and with the gov adj for speed you will loose bottom end torque. If you want to climb hills back off the gov. It will prob perform better.
I hate to disagree with a respected member such as yourself but, There is no possible way adjusting the governor will reduce torque, Full throttle/power is the same regardless if it is applied manually or by the gov.
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO