lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
bigray
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default torque help and a bunch of question marks????????????????????????????????????????????

ok I just installed a lift kit and rims and tires on my 2001.5 ezgo (6" spindle lift, 12" Vegas Wheels and 23-10.5-12 Tires) now i have lost a lot of torque. what can i do to regain that i have the governer turned up i have the top end but it takes TOOOO LONG TO GET THERE! what are my options? i have a 295 cc robin engine 9hp. i have heard of the shorter belt but i am unsure what belt i would need or what are other options
bigray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: torque help?????????????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigray View Post
ok I just installed a lift kit and rims and tires on my 2001.5 ezgo (6" spindle lift, 12" Vegas Wheels and 23-10.5-12 Tires) now i have lost a lot of torque. what can i do to regain that i have the governer turned up i have the top end but it takes TOOOO LONG TO GET THERE! what are my options? i have a 295 cc robin engine 9hp. i have heard of the shorter belt but i am unsure what belt i would need or what are other options
You can use the shorter belt from the Ezgo 2 stroke motor. That will increase torque but it will cut back on top speed.

This is the age old question.... 23s are possibly too big for an older 295 motor..... or a 350cc motor at that. There just isn't much hp there 9 maybe 11?
A bigger motor like a 23 hp V-tin is the real answer to your power problems.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
bigray
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

what year should i find the belt for? i want to do the vtwin but the WIFE i fear doenst think thats a good idea
Old 05-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All years Ezgo 2 Stroke used the same belt....It may be hard to get it on and then hard to shift until the belt breaks in. It will help on the hill climbing. So will a clutch mod from CPP. You just send your driven to them and they shave it for a new lower gear.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
bigray
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: torque help and a bunch of question marks????????????????????????????????????????

Why would it be hard to shift?
Old 05-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: torque help and a bunch of question marks????????????????????????????????????????

Because the belt is too short
Old 05-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
bigray
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i know but shifting into reverse or just it shifts hard while driving?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO