lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
greenleaf property mgt.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation Marathon does nothing

Ok guys I completely restored my gas 2 stroke marathon, i only removed the battery through the whole process..............know i put the battery back in fully charged hooked it all up cleaned the ground mounting location with a wire wheel. I have power going to the back of the forward/reverse switch and power going to the starter motor but it does nothing the back up alarm dosen't even come on when i put it in reverse.

any help would be great.........
greenleaf property mgt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Marathon does nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenleaf property mgt. View Post
Ok guys I completely restored my gas 2 stroke marathon, i only removed the battery through the whole process..............know i put the battery back in fully charged hooked it all up cleaned the ground mounting location with a wire wheel. I have power going to the back of the forward/reverse switch and power going to the starter motor but it does nothing the back up alarm dosen't even come on when i put it in reverse.

Solenoid clicking ? I'd look there first and then go back through the gas pedal micro etc

Chris
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenleaf property mgt. View Post

How do you know you have power? Did you get a voltage reading? Anyway, check if you are fully grounded. The A2 of the starter should be grounded real well. Connect all ground wires to the A2 starter gen terminal. The other small terminal of the solenoid should be grounded as stated above.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Go into the Ez-Go Gas threads and pull up a wire diagram.The wiring can get overwhelming on these as there is a lot going on in a very small area.there are 5 small wires just to the solenoid small terminals(2 on one 3 on the other)plus 2 on each large term.You can also test the solenoid.Take a test-lite,you should have a lite on one side of the starter solenoid large terminal,If you step on the pedal and hear the solenoid click,you are getting a signal from the pedal.Check for power at the other large terminal.If no lite but you hear the solenoid clicking when pushing the pedal,you need a new solenoid.You can carefully jump the terminals with a screwdriver quickly to see if the starter is getting power from that point.If you prefer,jack up the rear-axle,so it doesn't lurch forward/backward.If you do not hear any click,look down at the bottom of the engine-bay against the seat-wall,you will see the pedal-switch connected to the throttle-assy.Check to see if you are getting power in and out of it.Hope this helps!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
greenleaf property mgt.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks for the help guys, i will get some pics up its come a long way from the mint green wonder...
greenleaf property mgt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

welcome, these guys have you going in the right direction.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'd also recommend to do a good look over and gentle tug/pull on all the wires to make sure they're intact and connected. Also give each spade connector a good wiggle as corrosion does build up in these. If you put the car in R when you do this, it gives you a good audible indicator if you have found a bad connection.

In my case, after putting my rebuild back in my cart and hooking the battery back up, I had no juice, and no back-up alarm. A good thorough look through the engine compartment (including hands on with each wire) helped me find a small wire that had broken at the spade connector that went into the driver's side of the key switch. I couldn't see the break, but a small bit of pressure pulled out the wire when it had fully corroded in the connector.

To me, the lack of backup alarm is key - if you have no juice for this, then you likely have a broken circuit somewhere.

Last edited by ScooterMcTavish; 06-06-2011 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: Clarity, as usual
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry about the grounding of the A2. Should be A1. Did not proof read.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO