lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Gregdonna
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Did I get a good deal

I just bought my first golf cart and it is a Yamaha and I think it is a 1992 it didn't have any paper work with it. Well it has a jake lift and Ss wheels aftermarkit steering wheel and other clutch things. I payed 1300.00 for it and it smokes like a fright train I'm hopping it will be a easy fix. Well did I get hosed on my first cart or not.
Gregdonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Did I get a good deal

Welcome! Pics would help,If its' a G2,it needs valve-work or rings,both very common on them.depending on the condition,you may have done fine,even with the smoke-issue.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Wouldn't the he lives in determine if he got a good deal or not also? I know that's the case with motorcycles. There could be $1K difference from area to area.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

You're definitely correct there, Joe - if you head an hour east of us into the city, carts are about $5-800 more as a rule than they are around here ... Head a couple of hours north into campground country and it's the same thing.

Pics will definitely help - plus You have to look at the "big picture" when pricing a cart (mods that are done, what You plan to do once you get it and costs, etc) ... I just picked up a late G16 with a 6" Jakes lift, Stereo, 22X11-10's, etc for about $1300 here in WI, but by the time I figure having the drivetrain redone by Don Plowman (about $700 all told) and little stuff like flares, dress-up trim, brushguard/bumper, seat color changed, tach, wheel spacers, new rims w 23's, etc I'm likely to tip the scales at closer to $2500-2600 all told - but to ME at least that's a fair shake as I should be riding in a 35mph+ cart that's decked out *just* like I want it
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregdonna View Post
I just bought my first golf cart and it is a Yamaha and I think it is a 1992 it didn't have any paper work with it. Well it has a jake lift and Ss wheels aftermarkit steering wheel and other clutch things. I payed 1300.00 for it and it smokes like a fright train I'm hopping it will be a easy fix. Well did I get hosed on my first cart or not.
Is there oil in the air filter box? It may have too much oil in it. Change the oil -1 qt only- check the level on the dipstick and re-mark if necessary. Lifting the cart may change the level on the stick.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Get us some pic's. And I agree with Dave. This may end up just being too much oil in the crankcase. Or could be fuel dumping over into the crankcase as well. Minor fixes.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
You're definitely correct there, Joe - if you head an hour east of us into the city, carts are about $5-800 more as a rule than they are around here ... Head a couple of hours north into campground country and it's the same thing.

Pics will definitely help - plus You have to look at the "big picture" when pricing a cart (mods that are done, what You plan to do once you get it and costs, etc) ... I just picked up a late G16 with a 6" Jakes lift, Stereo, 22X11-10's, etc for about $1300 here in WI, but by the time I figure having the drivetrain redone by Don Plowman (about $700 all told) and little stuff like flares, dress-up trim, brushguard/bumper, seat color changed, tach, wheel spacers, new rims w 23's, etc I'm likely to tip the scales at closer to $2500-2600 all told - but to ME at least that's a fair shake as I should be riding in a 35mph+ cart that's decked out *just* like I want it
Sounds like it's going to be one bad cart. Looking forward to the build.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha