lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2017, 08:19 PM   #11
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charger outside storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
This topic came up a while back. Some people have made some very clever, attractive little houses for their chargers.
I searched for topics and couldn't come up with anything, Guess its back to searching.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2017, 05:36 AM   #12
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Still looking for an outside charger storage container. Does anyone have any pictures? Mooncarter do you have the thread link?

I have a small atv aluminum tool box and was wondering if I could put the charger in there and cut some type of air holes in it. Thoughts?

00538125_0.jpg
Old 04-10-2017, 06:33 AM   #13
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you thought about putting the charger in one of the storage compartments in your camper, maybe drill a hole through the floor of the compartment to run the charge cord out of? most of the compartments on my camper have access from inside that can be opened and allow ventilation. If you disconnect the charge cord from the charger you would only have to drill about a 1/2" hole through the floor. It would be a pain in the but to take the cord off to move the charger. I guess that would be dependent on how often you move it over the course of a year.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #14
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have thought about a camper storage compartment but I have my cart on the side back of the camper and I have an outside kitchen there. There is no spot to put the charger in it. I love that spot because the golf cart is chained to the frame of the camper and it tucks next to the slide out on that side. It gets windy there and with the cover on the golf cart the camper protects it a bit.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:25 AM   #15
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016CTD View Post
Still looking for an outside charger storage container. Does anyone have any pictures? Mooncarter do you have the thread link?

I have a small atv aluminum tool box and was wondering if I could put the charger in there and cut some type of air holes in it. Thoughts?

Attachment 150180
Don't have the link. It's in here somewhere.

With plenty of ventilation I think the tool box would work fine. I would raise it up off the bottom a bit for circulation under it too.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016CTD View Post

Attachment 150180
I found it: "Any Ideas Would Be Great" Posted by dlaf7577, posted in ELECTRIC YAMAHA, 11/16/2016. Would post link here but don't know how.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #17
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-be-great.html

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #18
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Thanks Tag.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #19
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is what I do for my cart at my hunting club when having to charge during fowl weather. I bought a plastic storage tote at Wally World that is about 4 inches larger all around than the charger box. Cut a rectangular slot in the bottom of the tote then place it over the charger like a lamp shade and then hang it tight to the underside of the cart roof by the charger handle. I use a ratchet strap diagonal between 2 roof supports. Not pretty but it keeps it dry.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #20
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

^^Fowl weather....as in ducks and quail and geese falling from the sky???
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car