lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Precedent IQ no forward or reverse.

So I dropped in new batteries checked the solenoid and its fine . slight voltage drop between terminals until I press the gas then voltage is the same. I'm not sure what to check first. lights work and reverse buzzer sounds. no movement after solenoid energizes.
I picked this cart as is, broke. The previous owner had issues before letting it sit for about a year . He said it would not take a charge. I really would appreciate any good words of advice.
george lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent IQ no forward or reverse.

Does the solenoid click when you press the GO pedal?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yesir it does , also I checked the fuses. I forgot to mention that
Old 04-17-2017, 06:06 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The fuses are fine. The buzzer wouldn't work if they were bad. If the solenoid clicks it means the controller is communicating with the solenoid and turning it on and off, but the motor won't run. You either have a bad solenoid, no throttle input from the MCOR, a bad motor, or a bad controller. I recommend checking the solenoid first. With a multimeter set to 200VDC, put the red probe on the solenoid with the large red wire and the black probe on the main negative battery terminal. Take note of your voltage on the screen. This is full battery voltage from your cart. It should be somewhere between 48-51 volts. Next, put the red probe on the other large post of the solenoid with the yellow wire. Voltage should be slightly lower than previous test. This is normal. With the aid of an assistant, have someone depress the accelerator and make the solenoid click. You should see a rise in voltage that should be close to the first test. If so, the solenoid is fine. Next, test the throttle signal. Put TOW/RUN switch in TOW, and disconnect the main positive and main negative battery posts. Un-plug the 16 pin connector from the controller. With a meter set to 20k ohms, check the resistance between the white wire and the yellow wire. You should see 6800ohms (approximately) at no throttle and 1100 ohms (approximately) with the pedal on the floor. If this checks out, plug the connector back into the controller. Next, check the motor. Disconnect the A2 and F2 wires from the motor. With a multimeter set to test for continuity, measure for continuity between A1 and A2, and again from F1 to F2. If you have continuity in both places, the motor is fine. This leaves the controller as the culprit.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #5
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just so you know , the year on this cart is unknown exactly. there is no continuity between yellow and white. the pedal was sticky until I worked it for a bit.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:58 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by george lai View Post
Just so you know , the year on this cart is unknown exactly. there is no continuity between yellow and white. the pedal was sticky until I worked it for a bit.
Yellow?

The wire colors should be as shown...

Green A1
Orange F1
White A2
Blue F2

I guess it's possible the green may have faded to yellow, but nonetheless, the lack of continuity indicates a motor issue.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:22 PM   #7
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank You, I stopped at the 16 pin connector . I have no continuity between white and yellow on the connector . what does that mean. On the sixteen pin connector yellow is the second one in next to the white/blk and the white is the last one in the same row.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The white is right next to the yellow. Pin 1 is white and pin 2 is yellow. If you look closely the pins are numbered. Please check to make sure you're checking for ohms/resistance and not continuity. The meter should be set to 20k ohms.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:58 PM   #9
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I found the other end where it plugs in at the throttle pedal. Figured out the white had the black stripe on it .My ohms meter self adjusts and I'm trying to figure it out first . much appreciated. I'm seeing 6.87K not pushing on the pedal. I'm seeing 1.06K. looks correct as far as my meter will tell me . going to check the motor next.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Your MCOR sounds fine. Have you done the solenoid test and the motor test I described in post #4?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car