lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2018, 03:10 PM   #21
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

Default Re: new HD rear leaf spring sag?

Don't feel bad. Most people do. Even ones that should know how.
I was in local boat supply store awhile back and a guy comes in and said the springs he bought don't fit.
The young man told him they had to be right because to eye to eye distance was the same as his old springs. I asked if he still had old spring, he brought it in and sure enough the eye to eye was the same, the only problem was his spring was flat from a broken top leaf.
It is the actual length of spring and distance of arch that matters.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2018, 05:28 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddog View Post
East coast: David at Revolution
West coast:Scotty at Carts Unlimited
Look at 2nd blue bar on page, click on site sponsors.
Thank you. And for what it's worth. I've been selling the heck out of the RHOX Dual Action springs and I've never had an issue with length or shackles folding. They ride good and they are excellent for load handling.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:56 PM   #23
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

That's what you want.
Dual action will give a better ride.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #24
lrizzo2001
Not Yet Wild

genuine club car HD leaf springs installed. all good now
lrizzo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #25
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrizzo2001 View Post
lrizzo2001,
Just out of curiosity is your new genuine Club Car HD spring single or multi-leaf?

Thank you,
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #26
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
lrizzo2001,

Just out of curiosity is your new genuine Club Car HD spring single or multi-leaf?

Thank you,

Aflyer

My stock CC HD springs are mono leaf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:45 AM   #27
Bcpick0
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

where did you order from. i have tried two sets. i cant imagine a third set being the trick but who knows. ive been stumped for some time.
Bcpick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 02:43 PM   #28
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcpick0 View Post
where did you order from. i have tried two sets. i cant imagine a third set being the trick but who knows. ive been stumped for some time.
A little late, but David at Revolution Golf Cars can get them for you
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:25 AM   #29
denton66
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrizzo2001 View Post
Good for you, In your case it was only a sping issue. I followed your progress as I was having the same problem but on the drivers side. In my case it was not the springs. My 13 CC Presedent is lifted as well, I changed out 2 sets of HD Springs thinking I had a spring issue. The drivers side on mine was .5" lower. After two sets of springs I came to the conclusion it had to be a frame issue, I measured and measured the box frames front to back and then realized the drivers side was a 1/2 lower but the box frame still measured identical. Then I focused my attention to the aluminium crossmember and noticed a slight crease, well long story short the left side was ever so slightly tourqed barley 1/8 " and it appears that measurement is amplified as it goes down the back. my spring sat on the shackle. For me, the best bet was simply to make a 1/2 longer shackle on the drivers side which fixed the problem, Other solution was to change out the cross member but for me it was to labor/cost intensive. I bought some metal stock from tractor supply and it now looks like and rides great and not noticeable. It tracks just fine and rides like new again. Just shared this for others that might be having similar issues, just another step to trouble shoot. I have 2 teenagers and concluded that jumping up and down on a lifted cart was probably my culprit and not the spings.
denton66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:06 AM   #30
MadMark1026
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had the same problem. Bought new HD springs because I got a flip seat and within a year both shackles were completely horizontal and springs were flat. I also have a 2014 with the shackles going to a shackle hanger (there are two different types shackles out there depending on year/whatever). I ended up getting another set of HD springs by madjax and these have the potential of sagging also but to prevent the shackles of going horizontal I made new ones that are twice the length (stock were aabout 1 7/8" between center holes and new ones are 3 3/4"). I think these after springs are longer than stock - They measure almost 30". I would like to see them about 28" so the shackles are verticle. To level my cart out I got a 1"x5"x6" aluminum bar cut and put it above my lower a-arms (6" madjax lift). The whole project seems to have worked like a charm. If the new HD springs sag I'll probably add a helper to the back side or add a leaf.
MadMark1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car