lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2019, 12:18 PM   #1
EZFISHING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Madjax Nerf bar on club car ds

I purchased madjax Nerf bar for my 2001 club car DS, directions say back bracket mounts to battery box? The holes just don't align?? The company I bought them from has sent new bolt package but that's no help! He's sending new bracket now! Has anyone installed these on a DS?
EZFISHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Madjax Nerf bar on club car ds

I've never installed nerf bars on my cart but from my understanding from YouTube videos and my experience with installing side steps on trucks, I think you might need to drill your own mounting holes.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:54 PM   #3
EZFISHING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks! I just checked history on this item and im not only one with an issue! I will be returning these on Amazon ! I hope!! Any advice on what steps to get for a lifted DS is appreciated! Thank you!
Old 03-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Not sure if he carry's them or not, but ask David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars. If he doesn't, he will know the right ones you need. 706-431-3917
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:52 PM   #5
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

These nerf bars are a total bust. On the DS, they will tell you they have special brackets that will fix all your problems. they are clueless. It does allow you to mount the bars, but then if you use a tire with more than 20 inch height the front wil rub on the mounting bracket. i pointed this out to the Nivel/madjax support team with photos. they were going to send to an engineer to revie. Of course, never heard back. I have a post with photos. It sucks. I really like the look of the bars, but they are not usable.
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #6
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...long-post.html
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:45 AM   #7
EZFISHING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks! I read your post on them, unfortunately it was after spending a week trying to get them to help me! But was able to get Amazon to refund my money and return them! Thank you ! Im looking at other options and am in contact with Revolution golf carts!
Old 05-19-2020, 03:03 PM   #8
Ragand0033
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Man, I just ordered before seeing this site....I have a EZGo TXT 6 inch with 23's....So they will rub in turns?
Ragand0033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:41 PM   #9
Clarkwho
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubber View Post
These nerf bars are a total bust. On the DS, they will tell you they have special brackets that will fix all your problems. they are clueless. It does allow you to mount the bars, but then if you use a tire with more than 20 inch height the front wil rub on the mounting bracket. i pointed this out to the Nivel/madjax support team with photos. they were going to send to an engineer to revie. Of course, never heard back. I have a post with photos. It sucks. I really like the look of the bars, but they are not usable.
Do you have a part number for the special brackets per chance?
Clarkwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:49 PM   #10
DennisZ
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragand0033 View Post
Man, I just ordered before seeing this site....I have a EZGo TXT 6 inch with 23's....So they will rub in turns?
Did you ever install these nerf bars, I was looking at the same thing, I have the same cart setup as you.

TIA
Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car