lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2020, 03:26 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: LED light bar question

If You have Your lights directly wired to the converter output + and - with no switches in between, it may be an incompatibility between the converter circuit and the lights LED drivers trying to regulate the current.

Does the 12v voltage fluctuates when the lights blink?

Do You have another accessory to use as a load to connect to the converter at the same time the lights are connected to see if still blinks?

Actually, since You said the light is right beside the converter for tests..., can you place the light further away from the converter in case they are interfering with each other with EMI.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Did you get a converter with the radio memory wire? Your lights are hooked to the Red wire coming out of the converter?
Have you hooked up Both lights at the same time to the converter?

I wonder if there's a spike in the current for the start-up of the lights that the converter may be thinking is a short circuit so it turns it back off.
If you have the converter with Radio memory wire, it should be a Blue wire, and connecting to that wire the light may be pulling too many amps for the memory circuit so it's shutting it off.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #13
boxhanger
Not Yet Wild

I'm going to try a set of motorcycle LED lamps to see if I can isolate the problem. I have the blue wire sealed with shrink tubbing as I'm not going to be using it. I've reached out to the light mfg but no response yet
boxhanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The converters that have a constant output (memory wire) still provide the same full current on that wire as the switched output when the converter is ON, if they did not the Radio would not work.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:14 AM   #15
boxhanger
Not Yet Wild

Issue resolved! Ok, I'm embarrassed to admit my stupid mistake but I had the converter +hooked to the battery +on the resistor side of the selenoid, moved to the other side, working correctly now. Talk about a brain fart...
boxhanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:50 PM   #16
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Run another circle just for good measure...

Glad to hear it's working now!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car