lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #1
alexcus2man
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Increase Speed Yamaha Drive 2 Fleet Gas J0K Model

Hi Folks---Recently picked up my first golf cart, and I am looking for suggestions or ideas to help speed up the cart. I would ideally like to get the cart running up to 25 mph so drive more comfortable on the street. The model is a 2019 Drive 2 Fleet EFI Gas Model that has been built up with all of the accessories. I have 10" wheels on 20" tires.

Outside of cracking the governor bolt down (it is about 90% tightened), I am getting about 20-21MPH on a flat surface with a passenger. What else can I do to increase the speed? Are there any risks to the engine with the governor bolt tightened down?
alexcus2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
15willys
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Increase Speed Yamaha Drive 2 Fleet Gas J0K Model

Your best bet would be to call Plowman’s Carts and talk to Don about one of his performance kits. I have a 2019 Drive2 PTV EFI with a 3” lift and 22” tires. With Don’s performance kit and tuning I’m getting 36 MPH 😎
15willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15willys View Post
Your best bet would be to call Plowman’s Carts and talk to Don about one of his performance kits. I have a 2019 Drive2 PTV EFI with a 3” lift and 22” tires. With Don’s performance kit and tuning I’m getting 36 MPH 😎
I agree !!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:52 PM   #4
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15willys View Post
Hey, I’m considering a drive 2 and was wondering what clutch kit you purchased? Did it include the driven clutch only? Or both clutch’s?.. also, how is it on long hills with a load. I’ve got a 6 pass club car with the 400cc efi and high speed gears and even loaded it’s great on hills.. just a little worried that yamahas 350cc engine would be less impressive..
boosted230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:21 AM   #5
M2736185
Not Yet Wild

Ill let you know what mine does next week. I have a similar setup 2019 EFI. With 20 inch wheels and governor 90% I get about 19 MPH. I just installed Don's new spring clutch, belt and air filter. Cart is a little noisier but im getting the same speed. I am gonna setup tuning with him next week. I think the process includes disabling the governor, valve adjustment, throttle adjustment and something else for the efi models. Hoping I can hit at least 25
M2736185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:55 AM   #6
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

Don Plowman and his crew do a great job! I took them my 2021 EFI PTV which maxed out at 19. Abracadabra, the cart now regularly hits high 20's (27/28/29) and that's in this winter's cold weather. I expect maxing out at about 32 when it warms up :)
ElDiabloJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:37 AM   #7
M2736185
Not Yet Wild

Got my cart fully tuned today. Definitely happy with the performance. Cart was about 18 mph, now im getting 30 with no lift. Its get a little squirrelly and thats with no lift so I can't imagine what the ride would be with a 6 inch lift. One thing I will mention, it definitely is no quietech any longer. Looking back I might have considered electric. There is no way to get it that fast and keep it quiet.
M2736185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #8
jwgoad
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Have you considered going with a 4" lift instead of the 6"?
jwgoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive2, gas, governor, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha