lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2020, 06:37 PM   #1
Halene Wehseler
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 Club Car DS won't move

Hello, I am new to the forum. Thanks in advance for any and all help!
I have an 01 48V Regen that I bought sitting for a few years without batteries in it. I bought some used Trojan batteries (this is just for getting around at the campground), and currently have 50.5 V of pack voltage. I can't get the solenoid to click with the ignition on, run/tow on run and accelerator petal depressed. I tested the solenoid by jumping pack voltage to it, and it works with 0 ohms across the big terminals (when pack voltage is on the small terminals). When I jump the big terminals I get a decent spark, but the motor will still not spin.
The limit switch in the MCOR is working. The charger seems to be working as designed, so I think the obc is ok. I am suspecting the speed controller is defective, but am wondering if there is a definitive way to test it before I spend $4-500. It currently has the 220A silver controller.
Halene Wehseler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2020, 06:31 PM   #2
Halene Wehseler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 01 Club Car DS won't move

I also forgot to mention that I have installed a new ignition key switch, and it is working. The F/N/R toggle switch is also working.
So with the key switch on, run/tow to on, F/N/R switch to F or R, and petal depressed I don't get 0 V on the small negative solenoid wire (open ohm test to pack negative), or any voltage on the small positive solenoid wire.
Halene Wehseler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:09 PM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 01 Club Car DS won't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halene Wehseler View Post
.... The limit switch in the MCOR is working. The charger seems to be working as designed, so I think the obc is ok. I am suspecting the speed controller is defective, but am wondering if there is a definitive way to test it before I spend $4-500. ...
There are a couple of other inputs the controller needs to see.
I would find a wiring diagram and check all the inputs to the controller on the 16-pin connector before saying the controller is defective.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car