lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2020, 06:31 PM   #1
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Thoughts on this cart for sale? older

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6898676822200/

I went and looked and it's really nice. Aluminum frame, tires are excellent, no significant issues with the cart. Batteries were marked C9, but they said they bought them two years ago when they bought the cart. Either way, a nice ride. They aren't firm firm, but don't really want to go much lower than the $1800 asking price. I offered $1500 and got a "eeeehhhhhhhh, no."

If I don't get this cart, the plan is to find one that could use a repaint and new batteries, and do a lift/wheels down the road. This cart would get me there sooner, but budget is tight.

What do the experts think?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Thoughts on this cart for sale? older

Regardless of the drive system (I assume a 95 resistor) I say that cart with those batteries is easily worth that.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:58 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

yes its worth the 1800 if I was looking for my 80 yr old mom to drive to the pool, but I wouldnt buy it for myself. Its most likely 36 volt resistor and would more costly to update then something that is already 48 volt and solid state .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:44 PM   #4
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Swan, if it was something to tool around the neighborhood, would updating it be necessary/worth it? Ultimately I'd like to do 20mph. Seller claims she GPS stalked her daughter on it at 23mph, but when we drove it the batteries were weak.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:58 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

And this is where opinions will be all over the map. There is no "correct" answer to your question. It is all in what you want and do with it, and your area.

I see a nice DS cart with 2 year old batteries. Wheels/tires about $500. Rear seat $300.

Running cart. Charger etc. There is nothing to compare to that cart (in my area right now) under $3000. A lot has to do with the market.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:42 AM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

again it comes down to what it is 36 or 48 , we all assume its 36. you want to lift it later with larger tires its going to kill what torque it does have. right now you put 2 200 lbs guys on the back seat dont expect to be climbing up hills at any great speed.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:10 AM   #7
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Can 36s be torquey or would I need to stick with a 48? SWMBO and I are slim, but power is always good.
Old 07-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #8
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would be suspect of the batteries being "weak" when you drove it. They are either shot or having poor maintenance or their 23mph is a stretch. I would guess its a resistor cart too but there is no way it would go 23mph, when my cart still had the resistors (36v) we had fresh batteries upgraded cables and solenoid with a vglide bypass and 22" tires and maxed out around 17mph. Perhaps its an upgraded cart.

In south FL you would probably be fine with a 36v cart but if your already thinking more power is good you may want to start with a 48v solid state cart! Its fun to tinker and upgrade the old carts but I dont think its cheaper by any means.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car