lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2020, 10:57 PM   #1
chubbygolfguy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 Excel Speed Code / Magnet problem

Bought my 2012 about 3 months ago and it’s done 23-25mph since purchase. Was driving downhill at full throttle last week and heard a loud crack. It immediately went into limp mode. After removing the speed sensor, the magnet fell out in pieces (dang). I ordered a new speed magnet on Amazon and popped her in today. Took it out for a test drive after the fix and my speedy 23-25 mph is down to a max of 13 now :(. I only believe I have the excel system because my serial number starts with “PH”. All magnets I’ve seen online say they’re built for the IQ system but I’ve also read that if I’m achieving my previous speed I’ve likely got a code or components that should make that IQ magnet work? Any suggestions on how to get my speed back? Not sure if I had a speed code programmed that goes away after flipping to tow mode for fixes or if I just have the wrong magnet? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
chubbygolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2020, 12:36 AM   #2
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2012 Excel Speed Code / Magnet problem

You need to contact Dave at:

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/

He will recommend a new OME speed magnet.

On this forum tons of people have purchased cheap magnets from Amazon that have not worked right out of the package. Or died after a short while. Pay a little bit more and get a quality product from a site sponsor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car