lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2020, 05:13 PM   #21
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax 400amp install on 2017 Precedent

Great advice by KGSC, along with his other posts.
I'll made one more suggestion and have attached a pic showing what I mean.
Move the main battery + cable to the other side and then route it down to the opening in the corner of the panel. Then, it can lay behind the batteries and up to the #1 battery Positive. This will keep it from laying over the controller which can get very hot.
Move the wire with yellow connector to where the main battery cable was located. So, you're just swapping positions of those two connections.
If you have enough wire, the large spade terminal can be removed and a ring terminal attached.
If not today, I'm sure one of the experts will chime in. My experience is too limited to offer further advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Forum.jpg (133.5 KB, 0 views)
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2020, 09:20 PM   #22
Tecumseh
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the suggestion, I will do that tomorrow. Hopefully my fan shows up tomorrow as well and I can do that and be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
Great advice by KGSC, along with his other posts.
I'll made one more suggestion and have attached a pic showing what I mean.
Move the main battery + cable to the other side and then route it down to the opening in the corner of the panel. Then, it can lay behind the batteries and up to the #1 battery Positive. This will keep it from laying over the controller which can get very hot.
Move the wire with yellow connector to where the main battery cable was located. So, you're just swapping positions of those two connections.
If you have enough wire, the large spade terminal can be removed and a ring terminal attached.
If not today, I'm sure one of the experts will chime in. My experience is too limited to offer further advice.
Tecumseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #23
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry for calling that cable connector a "spade" connector. Should have said "lug".

Bumping this thread in the hope an expert will step in to help you.
Old 08-24-2020, 06:09 PM   #24
Tecumseh
Not Yet Wild

Thanks CCNorth, fan came in today, but going to hold off installing until I get an experts blessing on the rest of it.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:13 PM   #25
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Thanks CCNorth, fan came in today, but going to hold off installing until I get an experts blessing on the rest of it.
I totally agree with that! I'm still not sure about the black wire you have attached to the large post of the solenoid. Does it run from solenoid to B+ on the controller, where the Green cable to the motor is also connected?? If the answer is Yes, why did you use a smaller gauge cable? When I ordered by controller and cables both of my supplied cables coming off large post of solenoid are 2 gauge.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:37 PM   #26
Tecumseh
Not Yet Wild

Yes, it is going to B+ with green. I believe that was a standalone cable that came in it's own bag. I have one extra 2 gauge wire that is slightly longer, makes sense to swap it out. Thanks yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
I totally agree with that! I'm still not sure about the black wire you have attached to the large post of the solenoid. Does it run from solenoid to B+ on the controller, where the Green cable to the motor is also connected?? If the answer is Yes, why did you use a smaller gauge cable? When I ordered by controller and cables both of my supplied cables coming off large post of solenoid are 2 gauge.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:12 PM   #27
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Now that you have things sorted out, I suggest you take a pic of both sides of the controller, the solenoid and the battery compartment. This will show your current connections and avoid confusion from the old pics you posted.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:50 PM   #28
Tecumseh
Not Yet Wild

Ok, will do tomorrow. Is it advisable to cut out the same size hole (bottom hole on solenoid side) next to the alltrax? The 16 pin connector comes through the bottom hole on the solenoid side and comes all the way across. It is really tight.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #29
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Ok, will do tomorrow. Is it advisable to cut out the same size hole (bottom hole on solenoid side) next to the alltrax? The 16 pin connector comes through the bottom hole on the solenoid side and comes all the way across. It is really tight.
I know exactly what you mean! I ended up ordering an installation kit just to get the extension piece for the 16-pin connector. I routed it all possible ways and there was always too much tension on it. Cut any hole you think will help.

Don't know if you happened to see my thread about reinstalling the black back cover. It seems most people leave it off because it won't fit back on. I tried for hours and hours and even cut out a section over the controller but nothing worked. Now, my solenoid sticks out more than yours but I bet you'll have the same problem over the controller. Maybe your 2017 has a deeper panel than my 2009. Just be prepared for the back cover not to fit back on there.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:22 PM   #30
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

ADD: Forgot to mention that you might want to try routing the main harness down through the same hole that the bottom tab of the control panel goes into. Standing on the passenger side of the cart it will be hole closest to you.
Yes, I know it seems like there is not enough room for the harness _and_ the panel tab, but there is because when you insert the taps you then lift up on the panel to seat it into the front slot. This give it room to clear the harness. This is what is recommended by Alltrax. However, done this way my harness was still too short, as I said in my last post. Yours might work better. Might try it before you go cutting the panel. LOL

Tags
2017, 400 amp, alltrax, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car