lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2020, 09:50 AM   #31
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2020 Club Car Onward li ion speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcspaul View Post
Update. I let my son in law drive the cart and he came back and said the front wheel rubs when turning hard. I took it out and no problems so stopped and turned as hard left and right that it would go and yes the tires do rub the frame, I removed the front tires and replaced with the 215/40/15 and left the rear 205/50/12 tires on it. Only reason i did was because kids visit and use the cart. I see no reason to ever turn that hard. All said in done it runs amazing and handles great. Speed 21.8 mph which is good for me, It kinda looks like the way we used to set up our cars in the 70's
I'm from the old muscle car days. I love the look with the tire size difference. Great idea. Also, nice looking cart
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2020, 09:52 AM   #32
atcspaul
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Me to. camaro's firebird's, mustangs, chargers, road runners. i love them all,
atcspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #33
FLWestCoastBugger
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcspaul View Post
I just got a new club car onward. Max speed is 19mph, all the carts around here gas and electric do around 22-23 mph. Is there an easy way to get a few extra mph out of it? Thank you!
I just ordered a 2021 lifted Onward and had same question for dealer. I was told they could not raise speed without voiding warranty. Maybe only on the lifted model not sure about the standard. I'm still thinking of changing to a higher tune to get 25mph as that is what my EZ-GO did. For us the 25mph was perfect as most of our riding is on roads. Think I am going to wait and give cart a few miles and make sure everything seems O.K before voiding warranty.
FLWestCoastBugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #34
atcspaul
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLWestCoastBugger View Post
I just ordered a 2021 lifted Onward and had same question for dealer. I was told they could not raise speed without voiding warranty. Maybe only on the lifted model not sure about the standard. I'm still thinking of changing to a higher tune to get 25mph as that is what my EZ-GO did. For us the 25mph was perfect as most of our riding is on roads. Think I am going to wait and give cart a few miles and make sure everything seems O.K before voiding warranty.
. I have checked with all the companies and experts on the electric motors and they said on a club car all would need to be changed. No one has seemed to crack the code. Only way they know and i have found out to get more speed is with a bigger diameter rear tire. They are regulated by rpm's and the bigger the tire the faster the cart, I have notice mine that i can go up a steep hill as fast as on the flats, these carts have more then enough torque to do the higher speed however club car has made it next to impossible to do this because none of the controllers and things like that will work with them
atcspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car