lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2020, 09:03 AM   #1
Roger-D
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Forward/Reverse Switch

Good day all, I am converting my old Yamaha 36 Volt Series with Alltrax SR 48500 and DND HP Motor. Can I use the DS heavy duty forward/reverse switch even though it is for a 48 volt system? I know this well need a heavier switch than the stock switch.
Roger-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2020, 09:34 AM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Forward/Reverse Switch

Hi Roger, this is the Club Car section...you may want to repost in the Yamaha section, if a moderator doesn't move it for you first.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:48 AM   #3
Roger-D
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you, sorry, I will post there as well. I believe, though, that the new motor I am putting in is from the old model club car, and the wiring is all new. I am doing a total upgrade. I just wanted to know if I can use a DS48 Volt forward/reverse switch in my conversion.
Roger-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:09 PM   #4
joefro10
Not Yet Wild

Why does the club car act like the forward reverse switch is turned to reverse position while car is moving? When moving forward, the car starts to break, and it is very similar to when my grandkids accidently turn the forward rev switch to rev position. Can't stop it from doing this. The car works fine in reverse, no problem. Just replaced the mcor, no help. Any idea what is causing this?

Last edited by joefro10; 11-16-2020 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: Clarify mooncarter's question
joefro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:17 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefro10 View Post
Why does the club car act like the forward reverse switch is turned to reverse position while car is moving?
Wow this is a mixed up thread.

What direction is it moving and what are you asking?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefro10 View Post
Why does the club car act like the forward reverse switch is turned to reverse position while car is moving? When moving forward, the car starts to break, and it is very similar to when my grandkids accidently turn the forward rev switch to rev position. Can't stop it from doing this. The car works fine in reverse, no problem. Just replaced the mcor, no help. Any idea what is causing this?
Joefro, need to start your own thread so this one doesn't get conflicting suggestions for you and RogerD...our simple minds can't handle complications
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:02 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The problem is that nobody made a HD Yamaha F&R switch. I have used an Ezgo 575 type switch and a 36v DS switch would be a good choice. Both of these would need mounting modifications.
Another alternative that has become popular is the SW202 reversing contactor and rocker switch operation.

P.S.
Joefro, that is just the way the 3 position switch is constructed. The tab under the F mark is reverse
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car