lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2020, 07:31 PM   #1
Idlehands
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent VS DS HD Rear Springs

Just curious, the wife bought some springs on amazon and bought precedent springs. We have a DS. Just wondering, I'm having some considerable sag going on in the rear. I measured and they were pretty close like within a 1/2 inch in length.

Do I need to replace the springs altogether with the correct ones to correct this, or can i keep the precedent ones on there and just put new shackles on to lift the rear. I'd like to know quick if i need to order new springs so they get here before Halloween. The wife and kids will be most upset if they can't take the golf cart out.

Thanks in advance.

2008 Electric DS with a back seat. pretty much stock everything except the new wheels 215-40-12s.
Idlehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2020, 08:07 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent VS DS HD Rear Springs

Here is some more information than you are asking for as to leaf springs.

Short answer, Precedent leaf springs will not work on a DS.

This information was given to me by David at Revolution Golf Carts. His company is a site sponsor. I would suggest you give him a call, he'll get you taken care of.

Club Car used to use different springs on the DS electric than they used on the DS gas. However, I've done some digging and come to the conclusion that both of those part numbers have now been discontinued. When keyed into their system, either number diverts me to a new replacement part number, 103629001 - REAR LEAF SPRING - DS.

Evidently at some point in the past they've decided to start using the same spring on all DS cars, regardless of whether they're gas or electric. They do not release any information as to the spring rate of these replacement springs. I asked a couple people at Club Car and they don't know whether they're stiffer or softer than the old electric springs.

Precedent springs are totally different than DS springs and will not fit at all. The centering bolt in the middle of the leaf perfectly centered in a DS leaf spring, while it's off-set 3 or 4 inches to one side on a Precedent spring. I think the overall length of the spring is a couple inches different as well.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:38 AM   #3
Idlehands
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Here is some more information than you are asking for as to leaf springs.

Short answer, Precedent leaf springs will not work on a DS.

This information was given to me by David at Revolution Golf Carts. His company is a site sponsor. I would suggest you give him a call, he'll get you taken care of.

Club Car used to use different springs on the DS electric than they used on the DS gas. However, I've done some digging and come to the conclusion that both of those part numbers have now been discontinued. When keyed into their system, either number diverts me to a new replacement part number, 103629001 - REAR LEAF SPRING - DS.

Evidently at some point in the past they've decided to start using the same spring on all DS cars, regardless of whether they're gas or electric. They do not release any information as to the spring rate of these replacement springs. I asked a couple people at Club Car and they don't know whether they're stiffer or softer than the old electric springs.

Precedent springs are totally different than DS springs and will not fit at all. The centering bolt in the middle of the leaf perfectly centered in a DS leaf spring, while it's off-set 3 or 4 inches to one side on a Precedent spring. I think the overall length of the spring is a couple inches different as well.
Thanks that makes complete sense. I was actually able to get the springs on they just dont look right. Now that you mention the centering bolt I did notice that the rear axle site a little closer to the battery tray after install.

Well I went ahead and ordered the correct springs after I built some new shackles and realized all I did was flatten the spring. So those should be here in a couple days. The current set up will get me through the weekend which is all the wife and kids care about them next week I’ll swap out for the correct model.

Thanks for the input I appreciate it.
Idlehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:14 PM   #4
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Did you consider the two step springs versus straight HD? HD will ride harsh when not loaded down.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car