lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2020, 01:01 PM   #21
el monstro
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Wanting to Upgrade my old 87 Club Car DS completely.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try it after Christmas. I plan on converting to a solid state system eventually. Just need to convince the wife it's a necessity
el monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2020, 12:29 AM   #22
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If You have the old 5 solenoid system that will work much better than the VGLide and no "by-pass" is needed.

My neighbor ran his 81 DS 5 solenoids system at 48v with a plum quick bandit motor upgrade for many years. He did replace two or three of the old 36v solenoids through the years as they burnt.

Wakko47, the system handles the higher voltage it just gets hot during prolonged operation.
Yeah i have the old system, before v glide with just the 5 solenoids all connected. im gonna run these batteries till mid next year and buy the new charger and batteries and try this out, I dont think I need to even modify the battery bay b/c the lay out should fit.
LEMANSZ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:14 PM   #23
Squidd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just checking to see if anyone has performed this mod lately or in the past and how well it held up?
Squidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 09:35 AM   #24
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If You have the old 5 solenoid system that will work much better than the VGLide and no "by-pass" is needed.

My neighbor ran his 81 DS 5 solenoids system at 48v with a plum quick bandit motor upgrade for many years. He did replace two or three of the old 36v solenoids through the years as they burnt.

Wakko47, the system handles the higher voltage it just gets hot during prolonged operation.
I started another thread, bc I couldnt find this one for some reason. Sergio, its time for those new batteries, so basically I bought the new charger and volt meter for the cart. I know your friend did this, so at this point in time, just drop in the new batteries, hook them up like current and run it till I need new solenoids, and then upgrade each one to a 48v?
LEMANSZ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car