lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default IQ Speed sensor Question....

Got a 2005 precedent that seems to jump right up and go then almost immediately slows a bit. Cart batteries are nearly new. Cart is just downright slow. I suspected speed sensor issue so I did the roll away test. I get a roll away alarm BUT no engine braking want so ever. I read several posts that stated if the alarm is beeping there is communication with the sensor and it’s good? Sooooo- my question is do you guys think that the sensor is faulty because of the no braking even though I’m getting the roll-away alarm?
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: IQ Speed sensor Question....

Or the FET in the controller has failed. I have not had it happen, but have heard of a SS being bad and the alarm still beep. Test it like this....

With a DVM, place the black (–) probe on the battery main pack Negative post and place the red (+) probe on the green wire between the 3-pin connector and the motor speed sensor. Raise "only" one rear wheel off ground. Slowly turn the rear wheel to rotate the motor armature. As the armature rotates, the voltage reading should alternate from 0vdc to approximately 4.85vdc. The voltage reading will fluctuate from zero to 4.85vdc and back to zero four times for each revolution of the motor armature. (The voltage reading of 4.85vdc is an approximate reading; the actual reading may vary from 4.50vdc to 5.00vdc). Replace the speed sensor if there is no voltage reading, voltage reading is not above 3.50vdc, or the voltage reading does not fluctuate as the motor is turned. (You can check the signals from the controller by placing the Red probe (+) on MPP post and place the Black (–) probe on the black/white wire in the 3-pin connector. The voltage should be 48 volts or pack voltage. Now place the Black (–) probe on the MPN post and place Red (+) probe on red wire in the 3-pin connector. The voltage reading should be approximately ~15-16 volts. If <14vdc is is a controller issue.)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:21 AM   #3
anziosaint
Gone Wild

What is the "FET" in the controller?
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:39 AM   #4
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Field effect transistor...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car