lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2021, 12:23 PM   #1
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Rear Leaf Spring Shackle Bushing 09 Precedent

Back of cart bumping really really bad after installing HD leaf springs. It felt like riding over a large wash board. Decided to remove new springs and replace with old duel leaf springs.

While removing HD springs I was showered with plastic/rubber shards. The passenger side bushings in the shackle were completely gone. The shackle just flops around up and down and side to side.

I have searched and searched and cannot find which bushings to use in the shackle. These shackles are installed with the no-name block lift kit.

I trimmed down the length of extra leaf spring bushings that I had and they will work but are they the correct ones to use??? I'd rather have the correct size/length bushing, of course.

Were the destroyed bushings enough to cause the terrible bumping??

I haven't removed the spring and shackle from the driver's side yet but I can tell that bushing is toast also.

Thanks for any help or advice with my first golf cart crisis for 2021.

CC
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2021, 11:40 PM   #2
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Rear Leaf Spring Shackle Bushing 09 Precedent

I removed the passenger size shackle and the bushings were gone. Again, I used some extra leaf spring bushings and shortened them using a dremmel with a cutoff wheel, cleaned up the metal rod and reinstalled the shackle. It seems to work as it should, moving fowards and backwards with no side-to-side movement.

I said that I thought the shackle was part of the lift kit but turns out it isn't. It looks just like the one in the service manual.

I still have not found one website that sells bushing specifically for the shackle.

I decided to try the heavy duty leaf springs again rather than put the old springs back on. I'll see how it rides with the new bushings. Just thought you'd want to know.

At this point I'm just talking to myself. I don't expect anyone to respond because this thread is not about my batteries being dead, my cart is slow, my cart won't run fast, my solenoid won't click, my solenoid does click, my controller may be broken, my tires are bigger than your tires or my cart seems possessed. It's just about a shackle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shackle.jpg (16.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-03-2021, 02:17 AM   #3
HarryT
Gone Wild

The rear springs take different bushings and sleeves than the front. The bushings have fatter ends than the front and the sleeves are longer. I don't have the numbers here with me but if you still need them Monday when I get to work I will send them to you.
Harry
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:45 AM   #4
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

The part# for the 4 bushings for that shackle is 102506601...Club car changed the design of the rear shackle around 2012 or so ...You need 12 of those bushings for the rear springs and shackles...Here's a diagram to help..

https://golfcartpartsdirect.com/Cate...ear-suspension
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:53 AM   #5
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The rear springs take different bushings and sleeves than the front. The bushings have fatter ends than the front and the sleeves are longer. I don't have the numbers here with me but if you still need them Monday when I get to work I will send them to you.
Harry
Thank you so much for your help and kind offer!! Movin-On gave me the part number.
I did not realize the size different from front to back for the bushings. Important info to know!
Old 01-04-2021, 12:58 AM   #6
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
The part# for the 4 bushings for that shackle is 102506601...Club car changed the design of the rear shackle around 2012 or so ...You need 12 of those bushings for the rear springs and shackles...Here's a diagram to help..

https://golfcartpartsdirect.com/Cate...ear-suspension
How did I miss that in my search! Thank you so much for the link.
Rear springs are brand new so I'll only need 4 bushing for the shackle. LOL. I hate paying shipping for little items.
I really appreciate your kindness.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:29 AM   #7
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Your welcome...You will need 8 bushings...4 for each shackle...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:33 AM   #8
NOLA26
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to re-open an old thread, but I had this same problem. I heard a loud metal on metal clanging every time I went down a curb or bump. I bought new bushings for the front and rear of the cart (2012 Precedent). When I went to change the rear spring bushings, I saw that they were brand new. I then discovered the shackle bushings were completely gone and only the sleeve remained. I removed the shackles and cleaned up the sleeve. I then found that the bushings that came with the rear bushing kit are too long for the shackle. I cut about an 1/8" off of each bushing and reinstalled the shackle. That fixed the problem I was having, but am now wondering if the cut down bushings will last? I also see the diagram and part# for the rear shackle bushings is the same as the rear spring bushing. I know on my cart the rear spring bushing would not fit and the shackle sleeve did not sit flush with the bushings when fully seated.
NOLA26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 12:47 PM   #9
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Glad you found my old thread. I was going to post a link in your other thread.

I suspect the bushings you ordered are not OEM or a generic that is simply the wrong size which is typical of the all-in-one knock-off large packages of rubber bushings. As HarryT and Movin-on said, there was a design change in about 2012.

I ordered the OEM polyurethane bushings and they worked.

If Movin-on says these will work, they will work. You can order just 8 or any amount you want.

Hope this helps you.

Tags
bushing, lifted, precedent, shackle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car