lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2021, 05:59 PM   #1
HummerKart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Rebuilt CC DS Electric Transaxles w/ higher Gears

I'm wondering if there is a good place to buy a rebuilt Club Car Transaxle with higher gears (8:1 preferred). Or if there is a good place that sells them new or used.

I have a '00 DS and the Kawasaki transaxle is starting to leak, so it seems that it would be a better thing to upgrade to an 8:1 in a new or rebuilt transaxle (Kawi or Graziano) than trying to rebuild the Kawasaki.

Recommendations? Thoughts? Should I just try to rebuild my Kawi?
HummerKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2021, 12:37 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Rebuilt CC DS Electric Transaxles w/ higher Gears

That is a very tall gear. You need a lot of amperage and power to get it up to speed. I have had them and needed a LOT of extras to make it to top end....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:12 AM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

There's always the option of going with a 2- speed rear end from Axles, Inc. The tall gear is 10:1 and the shorter one is 20:1; best of both worlds. But they're pricey at around $1000.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:55 AM   #4
HummerKart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That is a very tall gear. You need a lot of amperage and power to get it up to speed. I have had them and needed a LOT of extras to make it to top end....
I just converted my cart to a 58V lithium pack and I have a Navitas AC 5KW motor. I have a 700 amp solenoid too.

I'm pretty sure my Kawi rear end is the standard 12:1 and with 25" tires off of a Deere Gator, I can lift the wheels 10" off the ground when I accelerate.

Since I live in Florida and it is very flat, I don't think that going to 8:1 would be a problem with all that torque that I have. Still, I don't really know for sure - what are your experiences with going from 12:1 to 8:1? I heard it adds about 13% more speed depending on your torque.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:58 AM   #5
HummerKart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
There's always the option of going with a 2- speed rear end from Axles, Inc. The tall gear is 10:1 and the shorter one is 20:1; best of both worlds. But they're pricey at around $1000.
That sounds like something that would be really good to try and the price doesn't scare me. I tried to find "Axles Inc." on the web, but I keep getting a trailer axle place in Michigan that doesn't have golf cart axles.

Do you have a link/URL?

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-04-2021, 09:35 AM   #6
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

The CC Villager (Street Legal based on DS) has a 10.3 rear axle ratio from factory. The gears are not available as separate parts. However, if you want to purchase a completely new axle with the 10.3 ratio, contact David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars. They are available as a complete unit. That is what I have in my Precedent with XCT500, PQ Executioner and Lithium.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:59 AM   #7
HummerKart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
The CC Villager (Street Legal based on DS) has a 10.3 rear axle ratio from factory. The gears are not available as separate parts. However, if you want to purchase a completely new axle with the 10.3 ratio, contact David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars. They are available as a complete unit. That is what I have in my Precedent with XCT500, PQ Executioner and Lithium.

Thank you! I looked at their website and they don't list complete axles, but I will call and see what they have in stock if they still carry them.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:10 AM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerKart View Post
I just converted my cart to a 58V lithium pack and I have a Navitas AC 5KW motor. I have a 700 amp solenoid too.

I'm pretty sure my Kawi rear end is the standard 12:1 and with 25" tires off of a Deere Gator, I can lift the wheels 10" off the ground when I accelerate.

Since I live in Florida and it is very flat, I don't think that going to 8:1 would be a problem with all that torque that I have. Still, I don't really know for sure - what are your experiences with going from 12:1 to 8:1? I heard it adds about 13% more speed depending on your torque.
You are good to go wit that setup.... Just don't do any pulling or heavy loading...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:20 AM   #9
HummerKart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
You are good to go wit that setup.... Just don't do any pulling or heavy loading...
Thanks for the info. I think the right thing to do is go with this 2-speed rear end that people are mentioning, but I'm having trouble locating where to get one.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:42 AM   #10
HummerKart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post

Shoot...called and talked to David and he said they don't sell rear transaxles there. Bummer...still looking for leads.

Tags
club car, electric ds, gear ratio, rear end, transaxle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car