lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2021, 02:40 PM   #11
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS Dash Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
My cart has an aftermarket dash (which I like) and a dash tray (that I don't like, but need some sort of storage). The tray needs to go when I replace the windshield. I'm looking for a replacement tray that won't block the cupholders on the aftermarket dash.

I found one for a Precedent that seems to fit the bill, but I can't find information on mounting or whether it will fit the DS. It is an inch longer than my existing tray, but according to my measurements it will still fit between the top supports.

Here's a photo of my existing tray. It's about 1" too wide in the center and blocks the aftermarket dash cupholders.
Attachment 215827

Here's the Precedent tray I found:
No need to buy new, if I read correctly, it is not too wide to fit between uprights, just too wide front to back in the middle. Somebody redneck engineered the original brackets, bending them to mount it that way. See picture. This is what I use to mount dash trays. More stable than the crap two piece stuff supplied. 2x2x1" x 6" alum angle. 70 degree on one end to match uprights on Club Car. The other angle just to keep from being a sharp corner. Two holes, #14 tech screws with 3/8 heads. Good to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210128_142939020.jpg (285.3 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2021, 02:44 PM   #12
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

i guess i'm the odd man here. not much into clutter or filling the dash with stuff
look at a tray to go under the seat if you just gotta have stuff with you where ever you go
i'm sure scottyb has something like this

_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:12 PM   #13
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
No need to buy new, if I read correctly, it is not too wide to fit between uprights, just too wide front to back in the middle. Somebody redneck engineered the original brackets, bending them to mount it that way. See picture. This is what I use to mount dash trays. More stable than the crap two piece stuff supplied. 2x2x1" x 6" alum angle. 70 degree on one end to match uprights on Club Car. The other angle just to keep from being a sharp corner. Two holes, #14 tech screws with 3/8 heads. Good to go.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your proposal, but the tray already fits between the uprights, it is still too wide (front to back)--it is ~6" wide and I want something 4" wide so as not to block the cup holders. If it was not mounted between the uprights it would need to be even narrower. Do you have a picture of how your bracket mounts?

I already have an underseat tray, but I don't find myself using it. Maybe I will if I get rid of the tray, though.

Thanks.
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 03:12 PM   #14
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Found these when I couldn't sleep last night (wonder if sleep-shopping is why we seem to be drowning in cardboard these days?)

https://www.readycaddy.com/

I think one on each side plus my new under-seat tray from RHOX will prevent the need for an additional tray above the dash (and hopefully keep the cup holders free for, um, cups)

I'm impressed with how sturdy and well-designed the RHOX tray is compared to the Club Car tray it replaced.
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, storage, tray
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car