lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
jws2010CC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default WTH kind of wiring?

Hey guys.

(owned my cart since 2014 with lights and battery meter installed by the seller)(Cart store now out of business)

(started personal upgrades in 2020 - 4" lift and wheels/tires)

I recently bought a street legal kit for my 2010 precedent.

I get set up to work and plug turn signal into harness to test. I noticed that the tail lights were plugged in backwards. Ugh, ok. No problem, I fish and swap the tail light wires and we're back to normal, so I thought.
I turn everything back off and start planning for my brake relay and brake kit installation. I start looking at my available wires and something is not correct.
I didn't think much of it before now, but they replaced the amber factory battery alert with a 3rd party meter. This has really confused me because I believe they used another available wire for this that should be going to my relay. I have attached an image of behind my dash. Any clue as to how I can work around this would be appreciated.

Thanks, JWS2010CC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inkedimage3_LI.jpg (225.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image0.jpg (202.6 KB, 0 views)
jws2010CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2021, 03:02 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: WTH kind of wiring?

On the second picture on the top near your hand, the Green and the Blue wires with 1/4" quick connectors are the ones that complete the +12v power to the pedal brake harness.

If Your voltage reducer turns ON/OFF with the key switch, all you need to do is to connect those two wires together, you can use an automotive ATO blade fuse to connect them to each other (5 - 10 amp range).

If You +12v power is "always ON" then you need the relay to interrupt the +12v to the brake harness when the key switch is OFF.

The 48v key switched power to the relay coil is provided by a 3/16" quick connector with a blue/white wire.

The negative power to the relay coil comes from a 3/16" quick connector with an orange wire.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:01 AM   #3
jws2010CC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: WTH kind of wiring?

Sergio, much respect for the response. I've read many of your posts. Thank you for the help.
jws2010CC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light kit wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car