lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
dontno
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 ezgo slows to a stop ?

Runs good for 1/4 mile or so then slows to a stop turn everythink off wait a while then it takes off normal then slows to a stop agin , wait a little longer and it gets me back to the truck ?? Help thank you
dontno is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
yellow36vpds
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 ezgo slows to a stop ?

After about 3.5 miles, I get the same thing on my cart (2002 TXT PDS Freedom). I get it home and the battery pack is at about the 65% mark based on the charging charts that are published in this forum. I have T605 Trojan batteries that are about two years old and weren't taken care of properly by the previous owner.

I noticed last week some of the cables hadn't been upgraded to the 4GA cables by the previous owner and I will be replacing them with some good 4GA welding cable. I hope that will help mine for a little while.

If not, I will be replacing the pack with new T-105's. I will be curious to hear the responses from our more knowledgeable folks. They know tons more about these carts that I can ever hope to learn.
yellow36vpds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontno View Post
Runs good for 1/4 mile or so then slows to a stop turn everythink off wait a while then it takes off normal then slows to a stop agin , wait a little longer and it gets me back to the truck ?? Help thank you
first off....which drive system does your cart have? but one of the symptoms you described is that the controller is going into thermal shutdown.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #4
dontno
Not Yet Wild

f/r switch on dash , and brand new batteries
Old 08-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You've got a PDS cart.

Are you running stock height tires (18") or taller?

Put controller in diagnostic mode, drive it and listen for error code(s).
Text at bottom of label tells you how to put controller into diagnostic mode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #6
dontno
Not Yet Wild

22x11-10 s thanks
Old 08-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With the ovesized tires, it could be overheating, but it could also be battery problems.

What is the pack voltage about 12 hours after the charger shuts off automatically?

What is the pack voltage when cart slows to a stop?
Old 08-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
dontno
Not Yet Wild

38.5 v 12 hours after charger shuts off , went to hang trail cameras drove cart over a 1/4 mile on grass hay field as I was getting ino little more heavy grass that's when volts went to 62.1 then stopped turned key off waited two minutes turned key on volts 37.0 drove twenty yards stopped agin repeated that 5 or 6 times once got back on paved road drove like nothing wrong back to the truck
Old 08-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #9
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
38.5 v 12 hours after charger shuts off , went to hang trail cameras drove cart over a 1/4 mile on grass hay field as I was getting ino little more heavy grass that's when volts went to 62.1 then stopped turned key off waited two minutes turned key on volts 37.0 drove twenty yards stopped agin repeated that 5 or 6 times once got back on paved road drove like nothing wrong back to the truck
Might not be anything wrong with it. A PDS cart can't take too much heavy work. The controller overheats and shuts the thing off to protect it from damage. Keep switching it off and on to make it go and you are going to need a new controller.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I'm very leery of that 62.1V reading. Is it a typo?

If you have an auto-ranging DVM, that might be mV (Milli-volts) rather than V (Volts), and 62.1 mV is essentially zero volts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO