lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #1
buddyjeff
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo lift question

Hi all I just recently bought an 99 ezgo txt then I added some lights and so on question I put on a 3 in lift know do I need to do anything to the motor or controller I am putting on 22 x 10 x 10 tires and rims

Second question I installed a few lights and a horn it's a 36v system I have all my 12v accessories hooked up to just 2 batteries being 12v on my gauge that I installed was full when fully charged but now down 3 green lines when fully charged what harm am I doing having them hooked up to 2 batteries only
buddyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
joe100
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: ezgo lift question

Hi! You really don't want to hook up like that, no real harm right off the Bat, but the batteries don't get a good charge on the whole pack so I use to charge my batteries when hooked up like that, with a 12 volt charger on two batteries, 3 times, do your self a favor and get a 12volt converter 36 volts to 12 volts. that way you take 12 volts out of 36 volts and not drain down 12volts off 2 batteries. good luck to you . Joe100
joe100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What 3" lift did you put on? Can you paste a photo??
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyjeff View Post
Hi all I just recently bought an 99 ezgo txt then I added some lights and so on question I put on a 3 in lift know do I need to do anything to the motor or controller I am putting on 22 x 10 x 10 tires and rims

Second question I installed a few lights and a horn it's a 36v system I have all my 12v accessories hooked up to just 2 batteries being 12v on my gauge that I installed was full when fully charged but now down 3 green lines when fully charged what harm am I doing having them hooked up to 2 batteries only
Jeff, by putting on larger tires, you will be taxing your drive system....and depending on its true condition, the controller will eventually fail. to make sure your drive system won't let you down or leave you stranded, you should upgrade your controller to at least a 400amp, upgrade the solenoid to a HD or SD unit, upgrade ALL your high current cables to at least 4 ga. (6 ga. is stock), IF your drive system is a SERIES.....replace the F&R switch as well with a HD F&R Switch.

as far as the lights an d horn are concerned....to do it "right".....there are 2 ways to do it......either get a DC to DC converter as joe100 mentioned, OR get an AUX 12v deep cycle battery to run all your accessories off of. The reason you don't want to run them off of just 2 batteries, is it will UNBALLANCE the pack. as you will be drawing power off of just those two batteries.

on and btw..... Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
buddyjeff
Not Yet Wild

Here are pictures of my cart I finally got new tires they are from my dad's atv 25x8x12 in front and rear 25 x 10 x 12 but know my problem is that the left tire is rubbing against the brake peddle how can I fix it without smaller tires

Also i tired a 36v to 12v convertor but didn't work

Sorry no pictures of big tires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140809_201443.jpg (164.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140809_175022.jpg (205.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by buddyjeff; 09-01-2014 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: adding info
buddyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

That's a "manly" wheel chock you have in that second picture!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO